Tracking Device

Options
What's the best tracking device for tracking calories as well as steps, that you have used and love?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia fit is the most accurate for all day use. The new Amiigo is coming out soon which looks good.
  • Daveb1355
    Daveb1355 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The best I have found for tracking calories is MFP! They have the best database of foods. If you have a smart phone to scan things in, and keep up during the day, that is ideal.

I also have a fitbit. It is the best step tracker that I have used. Right up until I washed it in a pair of jeans! You can have your fitbit link to MFP to count those calories as well.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I use a combination of a FitBit (through the day and whilst I sleep) and a Polar HRM (in the gym and when I want to motivate myself to do heavy-duty housework).
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia fit is the most accurate for all day use. The new Amiigo is coming out soon which looks good.

The amiigo looks very exciting, but it requires a thingy on your shoes and I rarely wear shoes :(
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I use a combination of a FitBit (through the day and whilst I sleep) and a Polar HRM (in the gym and when I want to motivate myself to do heavy-duty housework).

Lots of people seem to do this.
  • irish8321
    irish8321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a body media and i love it! it also tracks how much you sleep and how many steps. The only draw back is there is a fee you have to pay to use the online page.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I have a body media and i love it! it also tracks how much you sleep and how many steps. The only draw back is there is a fee you have to pay to use the online page.

It's not that expensive though.