Zucchini and Spaghetti Squash Lasagna

Options
swat1948
swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
A friend of my youngest daughter put up this recipe on facebook and I kind of modified it to suit me. It turned out really good, sorry no pictures but when I entered ingredients into my recipes it came out at 203 calories a serving. Makes 6 nice servings!

I used one jar of spaghetti sauce, one turkey italian sausage link that I peeled the casing off and browned chopping up like ground beef, and added the sauce and simmered. 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced. One medium spaghetti squash cooked, (I did mine in the microwave for 18 minutes) I got about 4 cups of squash after cooking. 1/2 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese, (you could use fat free and even further reduce the calories) 1 cup mozzarella cheese fancy shreds 2%.

Sprayed a 9 x 13 glass pan and put a little sauce in the bottom and layered half the sliced zucchini, then half the spaghetti squash. Dot with half the ricotta cheese and sprinkle about 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese on that layer and cover with sauce. Do another layer with the rest of the zucchini and spaghetti squash and cheeses and then more sauce and then sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup of mozzarella. There will be a bit of water as it is baking and you can remove some with a turkey baster, since the zucchini is raw. Bake at 375 degrees until the zucchini is soft uncovered about 45 minutes. Cut into 6 servings. It was also suggested that you sprinkle ground black pepper and dried parsley on top.

Be ready for something so insanely good you will not believe it! :)

Replies

• SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious. We can't get turkey sausage here ( as far as i know) so I would use 97% fat free turkey mince, and maybe some spice (oregano, perhaps)