Neighbor smoking pot. What would you do?

Options

Replies

• casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Talk to the mother. If that doesn't work, shove the bong up their *kitten*.

this :)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    The OP has said he's going to call the mom next door first.
  • wafflesarepancakeswithabs
    Options
    I would buy the kids a vaporizer

this. You could sit next to them and not even smell it

and then you might as well just go smoke with them. ;]
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Call the cops now, I mean they doing something that is not legal and should not be done anywhere near a house with young kids.

Agree!! I would have called the cops the first time. Teens today have no respect for others. I would have gotten an *kitten* whopping if I would have done anything like that...
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Both 1. and 2. Illegal is illegal. Maybe some time in county jail will be a learning experience for them. I know people who have benefited from their stays there. If the mom doesn't know, she should. Those are her children. On top of that you both have a responsibility to the children in your care and their parents who trusted you. There is also the question of your families livelihood. I wouldn't want that mom to lose her job either, especially if she's a single mom. However, if it comes down to her or your wife losing income the answer is obvious.

I have turned my neighbors in a few times while I was living in an apartment building. I was pregnant and had small children. I have a legal right not to have to take my children or unborn child through that stench. One family was warned with no affect and then evicted. The other family learned to stuff a blanket around their door.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    If you want to attempt to keep a decent relationship with your neighbors then talk to them first. they are probably not going to stop so maybe ask if they would smoke inside during the hours of operation or somewhere else like inside the house. let them know you have allready talked to the son and there will be no more chances and hold to it. They have to be responsible for their own outcome after that.

If you have no intentions of keeping a hospitable relationship with your neighbor, than just call the cops and get ready for the fun to begin. Call the cops each time you have an issue :) but don"t except that it will be a pleasurable expereience if the mom is supporting his behavior :) good luck

Why should he care about keeping a decent relationship with these kids when his wife has already spoken with them twice and they don't care? I understand making sure the mom is aware but chances are her awareness isn't going to stop them.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If you want to attempt to keep a decent relationship with your neighbors then talk to them first. they are probably not going to stop so maybe ask if they would smoke inside during the hours of operation or somewhere else like inside the house. let them know you have allready talked to the son and there will be no more chances and hold to it. They have to be responsible for their own outcome after that.

If you have no intentions of keeping a hospitable relationship with your neighbor, than just call the cops and get ready for the fun to begin. Call the cops each time you have an issue :) but don"t except that it will be a pleasurable expereience if the mom is supporting his behavior :) good luck

Why should he care about keeping a decent relationship with these kids when his wife has already spoken with them twice and they don't care? I understand making sure the mom is aware but chances are her awareness isn't going to stop them.

He was talking about the relationship with the kids parents.
  • whierd
    Options
    Both 1. and 2. Illegal is illegal. Maybe some time in county jail will be a learning experience for them. I know people who have benefited from their stays there. If the mom doesn't know, she should. Those are her children. On top of that you both have a responsibility to the children in your care and their parents who trusted you. There is also the question of your families livelihood. I wouldn't want that mom to lose her job either, especially if she's a single mom. However, if it comes down to her or your wife losing income the answer is obvious.

I have turned my neighbors in a few times while I was living in an apartment building. I was pregnant and had small children. I have a legal right not to have to take my children or unborn child through that stench. One family was warned with no affect and then evicted. The other family learned to stuff a blanket around their door.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:

So much wrong with this.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Ask him to share
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I would buy the kids a vaporizer

Hhahahahaha, sorry that just brings me back
  • agirltoremember98
    Options
    Talk to the mom before the cops.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Please don't generalize all pot smokers. I smoke and I am respectful to my neighbors and I care if I offend someone. People don't smoke weed and turn into *kitten*, they are *kitten* first and then become weed smoking *kitten*.

Haha! This is awesome.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    maybe try filing a harassment order saying you have talked with them and they keep harassing you by lipping off and refusing not to smoke near your daycare property. It may be hard if they are real close neighbors if their residence is near you but they could get somewhere on paper they can't come near you or they can't smoke within so many feet of your home then atleast.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options

He was talking about the relationship with the kids parents.

oooooooh gotcha
  • MrsFlotron
    MrsFlotron Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Talk to the homeowner. Asking them to smoke inside is a reasonable request.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    This is your business and it's a livelihood so the kid needs to take it seriously, if they aren't the first option is to speak to the parent and give a deadline for the occurrences to stop. If it hasn't stopped by the given time then call the police every time it begins to smell that way. Just like any business you have to do what you have to do to keep it running.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    MIND MY OWN BUSINESS.

it becomes their business when their income to feed their family is as stake...
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    It's just pot...
    Just nag the mom of the kid to make sure they smoke it indoors. :/
  • whierd
    Options
    Talk to the homeowner. Asking them to smoke inside is a reasonable request.

Or to do it in a room with a carbon filter exhaust, or with a vaporizer, or to cook and eat it, etc etc etc.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I suggest moving to somewhere that you have more space from neighbors. I wouldn't be able to smell smoke from my neighbors' backyard, and we do have neighbors.
This discussion has been closed.