Tracking All you can eat

Options
I'm going out on Saturday to Red Hot Buffet all you can eat. Now as its my birthday I'm not limiting myself but I still need to track it to see how much making up I have to do. I don't really want to work out how much I have of each thing so food doesn't dominate my night. I was thinking of just picking a figure but I can't decide. Or go from memory afterwards.
does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    Keep it really light that day and if you're going training do straight either side then bam get stuck in you lucky *kitten*:)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    usually when i go out to an AYCE place i plan in advance what im going to eat. i almost always have a salad with the same things on it (egg, bacon, sunflower seeds, cheese, lots of lettuce and spinach, etc) and then i just make a general idea of everything else.
    tonight we're going to Golden Corral for my daughters birthday dinner and ive already logged steak, shrimp, the salad, mushrooms for on top of the steak, etc. if i eat anything else while im there ill add it in later after we get home.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    When we go to a buffet I usually look at my plate and do a mental count of calories then enter it as "quick added calories", saves a lot of time that way.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm going out on Saturday to Red Hot Buffet all you can eat. Now as its my birthday I'm not limiting myself but I still need to track it to see how much making up I have to do. I don't really want to work out how much I have of each thing so food doesn't dominate my night. I was thinking of just picking a figure but I can't decide. Or go from memory afterwards.
    does anyone have any suggestions?

It's your birthday, let yourself go a little crazy and try not to stress about it too much. I'd see my birthday as a cheat day and I don't even take cheat days!
    If I were you I'd go from memory and remember that one day isn't going to effect you as long as the following day you are back to being sensible with your diet and exercise.
    Alternatively, the following day/day before (whichever is easier) do an intense 1 hour workout session, something high power with a lot of cardio that will burn a lot of calories and that way you are giving yourself more room for your birthday meal.
  • Lormic98
    Options
    On special occasions, say, a party, or restaurant meal, or AYCE, I overestimate a high calorie count, eat and enjoy and not worry excessively, and the next day get back to accurate logging of all foods. I think in the big picture an occasional splurge isn't really going to derail you or set you back too much.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I hit our Chinese Buffet for the first time in ages the other day. Honestly, I at a bunch of little tastes of different things, so not only was it hard to track, but hard to know a measurement. I just counted it as a cheat meal and I don't worry about those too much.
  • jannemarie74
    jannemarie74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had a mexican takeaway, didnt count calories and put on 2lbs. next day went straight back on target and took off the 2 lbs within 2 days. 2 - 3 days out of my life now and again in order to join in with celebrations is nothing, whereas not celebrating would be really miserable!!! we have to get life balance even when trying to lose weight. this is the life you get, try to be healthy but also enjoy.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What I do in this case is take pictures of the plates and then log it later.

I know Golden Corral has alot listed in MFP.