It does not fit anymore :(((( I really wanted to wear it.

I just bought this dress. I love it. It is gorgeous. But it is too big and I can't find a smaller one anywhere. It is sold out everywhere online. Normally it is a great thing when something is too big, but I feel so foolish now. Why didn't I buy a smaller size? It was cheaper too. Now it is gone. :(((((((((((((((

image.php?blog=3003&id=11221&&
image.php?blog=3003&id=11222&&
9a7a0dc053462fa48d9f82ac7dad64ff.jpg

Replies

• AwesomeTriathlon
    AwesomeTriathlon Posts: 11 Member
    Take it to a tailor! They can adjust the seams for your clothes so you don't have to get rid of it :) It's going to look awesome on you!!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Maybe find a tailor, if you love it that much and aren't in a time crunch to wear it this weekend or something.
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    That is a cute dress. Where did you buy it from? I love dresses :)

Sorry it's too big though :(
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    I just wore a top today that I thought I would not wear again because it was to big. I just added a wide elastic style belt and it looked good on me!!
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    If you are willing to pay for the same dress in a smaller size, I would think you are willing to pay a tailor to have it taken in!
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    It is a knit dress, that presents a major issue to taking it in.
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    A challenge, yes, but a good seamstress should be able to do it.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Can I express condolences AND congratulations in the same sentence? Yes I can.
  • elissiara
    elissiara Posts: 28 Member
    I have a few tops and dresses that I didn't think I would be able to wear again but I added one of those wide elastic belts and they look great!
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    It's a good things because it's hideous!
  • delekium
    delekium Posts: 40 Member
    You are right, it is absolutely gorgeous.... what size is is? I'll wear it for you: :love:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    It is a knit dress, that presents a major issue to taking it in.

As someone who sews, I would think that means less issues. It's knit, therefore the stretch in the fabric is what gives it shape. It has two seams down the side that would need to be taken in.

In a non-stretch fabric, there would be all kinds of darts and seaming to give the garment shape, making it a lot more complicated than taking in two side seams.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    I'd cheer myself up with the fact that you'd feel a darn sight worse if you slipped it on and it was too small!
    :wink:
    At least you're shrinking!
    Well done x