SAHM 4/12 - 4/18

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Pretty slow here--seem to have caught a bug. Need to run to town to pick up my contacts so can wake up! Question is walk or no walk. I don't feel bad just really TIRED. Might help wake me up.

I have been around but just lurking. Not much time to post right now.

Kim
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi I am a stay at mom to two.. a little diva who is 2.5 and a chunky monkey who is 4 months. I have been having a hard time losing the weight from my second. This is the first time I have ever had to actually work to have a body I feel kinda depressed about it but I know I am not the only one. I workout 4 to 5 times a week for 90 minutes and I try to get in the mall and some park walks to burn extra calories. My biggest issue is eating. First off I have no clue what to stay away from and what not to. And secondly we dont eat at home my husbands job is too much on the go so we are lucky to grab groceries for just the simple things like breakfast and sometimes I pick up steamers for lunch or I just eat at the fitness c enter which isnt too bad since its a fitness center but now dinner thats a different story. I have been eating a lot of panera bread since I cant find anything else fulfilling with less then 700 or even 1000 calories YIKES!!!! I have only lost 2 pounds in the last three weeks but I am trying I guess not hard enough :(
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome skye!!

kim--good to hear from you. :) walk walk walk. do it for me since i can't seem to find the time slot for it yet. :(

update: dd1 will have a NEW teacher. she has to stay in her current class this week for state testing. then she will have 2 weeks off (track break) and start with new teacher may 3rd. he's a much more stable, love and logic kind of teacher. hopefully, this will ensure a less stressful/anxious environment for her to thrive.

off to play with the boy!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Stacey that's awesome! Hopefully less stress for YOU too : D

Welcome Skye.
    Eating well on the go is possible, it just takes some figuring out. Keep at it and you'll get there.
    2lb in 3 weeks is still a good loss - that's 35lb in a year. Not everyone drops heaps in the first couple of weeks, as a lot of it is fluid so if you've not been retaining fluid before you started, you won't have it to lose first up, if that makes sense.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!!!!

Kim-I would maybe try walking, sometimes getting up and being active, wakes me up, but sometimes you also need to listen to your body and if your tired, your tired, no way around it, hopefully you can get back on track tomorrow.

Trish-how are the hands, and glad to hear your trip went so well.

Stacey, I have not bought the batting yet for my quilt waiting for a sale at Joann's. I never thought of getting my wedding quilt restored, I will have to look into this. Thanks for the suggestion. Also, I'm glad you finally got all resolved about the teacher thing, hopefully everything will go smoothly now.

We had a busy weekend, soccer started for our 5y/o Kayla, she missed out on practice last week, because of miscommunication but she did score 2 goals in her game on Saturday, she was so proud of herself. We spent the weekend in the yard doing landscape, we put in our stone path, waiting for the stones and sand to settle, then will put the finishes touch on the path, get some permabark delivered this week, so we can start spreading it out and the front yard will be complete, then we can start on the backyard, oh my. But we may take a break this coming weekend, if weather holds out we may go camping overnight at Bruneau Sand Dunes with the kids, get some education and hiking in.

Today catch up on laundry, clean the kitchen floors, do some Elliptical, hopefully get the little one's to take a nap, sounds coming from the other room, don't sound like that's a possibility today.

Welcome newbies!!!! We look forward to hearing more from you.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My weekend went well away from home. I had a lot of sodium so i'm working on drinking LOTS of water today. I need to get a run in but boy does a weekend off just makes it hard to jump right back into working out. I'm talkng myself out of it when I know I need one, haven't run since thursday!! Cleaning out the new camper today so after I pick up my ds from school I should go run to burn some more calories.

welcome newbies!! Can't wait to hear how your weekend went.
    Off to clean some more, I can't wait to go camping in it this next weekend!!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Ugh I'm so TIRED today, I'm really having a can't be farked day

my ipod has a pedometer - how cool is that.

oh well, better go do some work i guess.
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

We had a good weekend but I just can't get the scale to budge this week! Haven't lost since last Monday or Tuesday. The second 20 doesn't seem like it's going to come off like the 1st 20 did...BUT I WON'T GIVE UP! Trying to eat back less of my exercise cals I guess. My mom and sis came to visit this weekend so we went out for lunch Sat and then we ended up going out for a quick lunch after church too on Sun. I got very reasonable meals both times, soups and salads but need to flush out all that soup sodium now...
    On Friday the kids and i went and got some frog eggs. We now have hundreds of tiny tadpoles swimming around in a tank in our living room! We are excited to watch them grow and change and do a science unit on them. I love hands on learning!

Trish-glad to hear things went well at the show for you and that you get to shower in the new bathroom!! So exciting :happy:

Skye - I don't eat out very often but when I do, I too love Panera for their lower cal options. I usually get a U pick 2 salad and soup w/ an apple (sometimes I cave and get the baguette but I try to avoid too many carbs). Idk where you live but Friendly's has some good salads too. Watch out for all the sodium though in those prepared foods. Drink tons and tons of water to try to flush it out or it can prevent you from losing weight.

Kim- hope you are feeling better. I've been sluggish today too. :yawn:

Sassy- congrats on the Ipod. I've been thinking about getting one. I really want an Ipod touch but it is just a little to extravagant for our budget. I hope you like it. Enjoy your books!

Shera- hope you got out for that run today. You can do it! Once you get going you'll be glad you did it!

Dolphin- don't you just love watching your little ones play sports. My dd did swimming this year and I just loved seeing her learning how to be a good sport and how to challenge herself etc. So rewarding.

Have a great day everyone!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    went grocery shopping tonight and my naughty food voice was SCREAMING. I know I always say that naughty food will call our names, but it's our job to ignore it, but I totally caved. Got Blue Bunny Sedonas, Larabars, Dole Peace Parfait cups, even Yoohoo freezer pops. It got ugly, LOL.
    I also got BOLOGNA! It's been ages since I had a homemade meat sandwich. Can't wait to chow down on bologna, swiss, and spicy mustard.
    I think this week I've decided I just don't care. The weight will continue to come off as long as I keep exercising and staying within my calories, right? Besides, I don't think eating the same stuff every day is a lifestyle I can sustain. Enjoying good food that makes me happy and is still within my "allowance" is!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning! What a week already! This is 3 weeks in a row that I'm trying to squeeze 5 days of work into 4. The kids went back to school from spring break yesterday. Tony's trying to get our taxes done today since he will be out of commission after tomorrow with his shoulder surgery. MIL comes in today to help out for a few days. She'll be leaving later on Friday. She's not nearly as child oriented as she thinks she is, so not sure right now how much help she'll be.

Stacey - I'm so glad to hear your daughter is getting a new teacher!

Welcome, Skye!

Trish - How are your hands doing this morning?
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Trish, I just went back and briefly skimmed some of the posts I missed over the weekend. Congratulations on getting below 200!! You are such an inspiration to us all!!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Thanks, Amy. At night I take my bandages off to let the wounds air out. Fell asleep on couch last night, so ended up crawling into bed without bandages. Hands are pretty sore this morning *sigh*. Put bandages on with neosporin + pain killer.

Keep working hard, everybody!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    (((hugs))) trish. those painkillers--even 800 mg of motrin can knock you out. (((hugs)))

amy--glad you checked in! good luck on tony's surgery. will be sending ++++ vibes.

hope you all have a great tues!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Thanks for hugs, Stacey. It's the neosporin that has pain killer in it. Good stuff! Since I cut my hands, I've only taken ibuprofen twice, and once was for a headache :)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    oops! i thought you meant serious panikillers--rx kind. in any case, i hope today sees some improvement for you. :flowerforyou:

katie--i think you mentioned you had like 20 dvd's for exercise.
    when you have a chance--no hurry--could you list them here or pm me?
    i think i could add a couple more for variety. thanks!

exercise done. water 1/2way done.
    general weekly schedule worked out + menu--check check.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dolphin7
    Options
    Today is an off day for me......AF is coming anytime now, I have a headache, I am barely keeping at bay with Tylenol, its trying to turn into a migraine, so I'm doing everything I can so that it does not. Took a warm bath this morning, now I'm trying a cup of tea. So I chose no workout today, rest day.

If I feel better later this afternoon I may go pull a few weeds out of my strawberry patch, but looks like a thunderstorm is rolling in, so may be another day.

Goals for today: get rid of this HA, drink lots of water, and stay under my calories (with no exercise).

My dd1 has a tennis match in the next town over tonight, that I will miss because dd2 has her first soccer practice. Hopefully I can be back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    dolphin, have you tried Magnesium Phosphate at all? It's supposed to help with AF issues. I got a bottle of it at my Good Earth store. I also really like pamprin and the playtex heat patches. You just stick em to your undies and it's like having your own personal heating pad attached exactly where you need it all day. It's great!
  • dolphin7
    Options
    Trish, no I haven't tried that before, I was told I needed extra B vitamins, and iron, which I try to remember to take, but I may look into the mag/pho. Headache finally went away after I had my cup of tea, I feel better.

Time for pj's and some good ol' couch surfing.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    hey all, . My day went by fairly well today. I wish AF would just leave already so tired of her and all her misery! I was not the best person to be around today just plain ol' grumpy and the hard part is I know how bad I was. Just trucking right along, dh came home from work sick so the kids and I are taking extra vitamins and I'm chuggin some emergen-c and lots of water. Hope it stays with just him I have a lot of running to do in the next 20 days before my 10K. Running is going good, nervous about my race but today I ran longer before I had to stop for a walk break so that was exciting. I also decided I needed a running partner so I recruited my dog LOL I was expecting a lot worse for our maiden running voyage but she did really good. I think we will keep working at it, i'm just bummed I had to leave the other dog home but thankfully she just isn't the running type.

My ds decided to cut my dd shirt today, no idea what got into him he is never destructive and then to just whip out the scissors and cut at her shirt was something I didn't expect from him. He got to clean part of the house w/ his spray bottle & rag so that made my day. I am running out of idea's for punishment he is in this defiant stage last week he decided he wanted to pee in the trash can then wait his turn or go use the other bathroom upstairs....darn kids, they always keep ya busy :grumble:
    So last week I enforced the spray bottle with water + vinegar so it was safe for him to use then handed a rag and told him to start a scrubbin...he doesn't like it one bit so now I know what to have him do if he gets in trouble LOL
    Night all, hope everyone had a great day
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Kim - I hope you feel better! Our family finally recovered from our colds and it's no fun!!!

Welcome Skye! I had the same problem after my second. (I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old) That's really tough to find places to eat for little calories! Trish gave me the great idea of looking up the place first and picking out what I want to eat before I get there. It works great!

Stacey - I hope the new teacher works out!

Dolphin - What's great about yardwork.....is adding it to your exercise and seeing the massive amount of calories it burns! :P

Trish - I'm totally with you there! If we can't indulge reasonably every once in a while and mix it up I will totally fall of the bandwagon and hard! I figure better to lose the weight slowly in a sustainable manner. :) Glad you took some time to indulge and reward yourself for all your hard work!

My husband and I waged war on the front yard today! We bought this house in the beginning of January and it was sitting there empty for about 9 months to a year. The outside has become fairly intimidating. Yesterday spent an hour and a half pulling weeds. Today we finished the weeks....dug out 3 dead plants and put in Lantana to replace it, and dug out some very deep rooted vines and replaced those with vines that have yellow/red flowers. (Honeysuckle vines) I'm pretty excited. The whole thing probably took 3.5 - 4 hours, but I only marked myself down for about 2.5. The amount of calories it said I burned was amazing! To top that, I was under my calorie count for the day without any exercise. LOL So I guess I can still eat about 1100 calories and still be under. I better get eating! (JK) I'll probably have a light snack before I head to bed.

Yesterday was a big shopping trip. We got a booster for dd1 so we moved her to the table and put dd2 in her highchair to have her start trying out foods. Also got dd1 a new swimsuit and a toilet seat. she's done very well with potty training and almost never has accidents except when she sleeps. But she has a fear of toilets since it's all been with her little potty chair. So we took that away and gave her a seat so she can get used to using big toilets if we're out and about. Also bought all the plants we planted today. I forgot to put on sunscreen before working outside so now i'm pretty pink. It's not too dark so I hope it fades into a tan and doesn't peel. Note to self....sunscreen next weekend. We wage war on the backyard then. :)

Goals for tomorrow....hydrate myself, dust the house, put the last of the clothes away, sweep the floors. (Dogs are shedding like crazy....it's become a battle of epic proportions!) Have a great hump day!

Valerie