Losing weight in your face

Options
How does one lose weight in their face. I hate my double chin, fat cheeks etc. Can one do it? I know some of it is genetic. I see so may other beautiful faces on here.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce: you have to lose it every where.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You will have to be patient on this one. Definitely take photos now though so you can compare in a months time :)
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    For both me and hubby the loss is most evident in our faces, that seems to be the first thing people commented on.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I feel like I haven't lost any weight in my face. Sucks.
  • TeriLynnSpano
    TeriLynnSpano Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You will! And you will love it! I have and I love it!:bigsmile:
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My face was the first noticeable difference. I have lost 50lbs and it shows in my face A LOT! Unfortunately everyone is different, and you may or may not lose weight in your face while losing weight.
  • keegalie
    keegalie Posts: 82
    Options
    Just generally eating well and exercising. I find I notice a difference in my face before anywhere else and others comment on it too. 15-20 lbs lost and I can see a nice difference in my face. Good luck, you can do it! :)
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    That's the first place I lost weight (I once had a double chin, too). Now, at my goal weight, my face is actually a little too thin, but there's still fat on my body. Wouldn't it be nice if we could lose where we wanted?!
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My face was the first noticable difference as well. I have a thin face now and a skinny 14" neck (looks kind of funny on me while I am still 90 pounds overweight). Give it time, it will come off.
  • Kauaiartist
    Kauaiartist Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree with t everyone who answered your post - you will lose weight and you will most likely notice a difference in your face/neck in time - but everyone loses differently - no magic way I know of to reduce in that area naturally - but I know I lose it in my face pretty quickly - so hang in there and keep on your program - the weight will come off! And hats off to you - I read your bio and just want to commend you on job well done - supporting and having 3 kids who will all be graduating - you have a lot to be proud of! Hang in - you will get to your goal - one day at a time! Blessings!:flowerforyou:
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    This is totally genetic. I have chubby cheeks myself. Sometimes it just takes a while. You may have to be patient and keep doing what you are doing. You can't spot reduce. If you keep losing weight and chaining your body composition, eventually your face will thin out.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY... It is just that your body will decide when it will pull its weight from there. The good news is that GENERALLY, the body likes to pull from the extremities first and move toward the middle... (observation)... Actually, you are probably losing all over but the middle is usually the body part that has the most to lose. It will come... Just keep dropping the fat percentage and eventually, your body will not have anywhere else to pull fat from than there... But like I said, I bet it comes down before the middle (and in womens' cases... thighs)
  • Slim2k
    Slim2k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Photos are the key. We were looking back at 2011 and last years photos and it made me feel so shocked, but also so proud,how far I had come abd how much weight I'd lose off my face. when I was as my healthy 10.6st. I still had slight double chin though , I think its in my genes
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    clean eating + exercise = fat / weight lost (EVERY WHERE IN YOUR BODY)
  • ndnyl
    ndnyl Posts: 96
    Options
    Some before and after face pics be good
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I really wish that I could choose where I wanted my weight to come off from. My face is the first thing to go and my butt, hips and thighs, and tree trunk legs are the last. It is definitely genetics but eventually it will come off from where you want if you can stand to be patient enough with this process. :) I am impatiently patient. lol