Pcos sufferers ..

Has anyone conquered all the weight but the better your battle the worse the pain? I'm feeling great except my damn ovaries. I have another 60 or so to lose before I'm done but some days the pain is unbearable. Unfortunately my HMO is so crappy they think Pcos is a made up condition so I don't waste my time seeing docs anymore. If you too are having this issue or have gone thru it, please share .I sure hope it will quit-eventually.

Replies

• kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 399 Member
    Hello! First, congrats on your weight loss so far :drinker:

I suffer with PCOS as well, and I like this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3087-p-c-o-sis

I hate insurance companies... they really make it hard to get the proper treatment sometimes. Try bouncing your ideas off of some of the ladies in this group!
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Have you ever tried Metformin? Its a diabetic medicine but it helps with PCOS too as well as Insulin Resistant. Im looking for someone who has taken it to see how they feel...I just started taking it and I dont feel so good but I didnt feel good just before I took it so trying to figure out if its the medicine or just me.
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Thanks ladies for your replies. Yes I'm a member of that GRP And am weening off metformin.I am just finding the better I am with nutrition+fitness, my pcos seems to resent it. Thanks for the congratulations. :) I feel better most every other way except this one..
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    wow, if any of you ladies want to friend me please feel free. I just went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and they suspect thats whats going on with me, and I have an appointment with the actual gynocologist tomorrow at 2pm to see if that's the case...
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    I have PCOS and although I am in the lucky low percentage that doesn't have the pain, I do have insulin resistance and other heath problems as a result. I recently started taking a supplement called N-Acetyl Cysteine. I really feel like this is a miracle in a little pill. As I've been researching it, there are legitimate research studies that show many, many uses. I decided to give it a try and started to shed lbs immediately (it's difficult to lose weight with diabetes or insulin resistance). Here is a link. Do some research and see if it's something you think might help you. It's relatively inexpensive. You can buy it on Amazon.com or a GNC (though it is about 3x the cost at GNC.)

http://www.pcosnutrition.com/links/blogs/nac-and-pcos.html
  • Hi ladies! new to the site. Feel free to add me! I'm 24 years old. Been diagnosed with PCOS since about 15. I never really cared much about getting it taken care of until recently. I've been with my BF now and we have decided we want to have a baby. Well guess what that means? Weight loss time. I carry most of my weight on my belly...BLAH!! I'm ready for a change.