A love letter to my body

Options
Hi body.. It’s me.. I know that over the past several years we have been in somewhat of an abusive relationship. You have never let me down.. You get up when I need you to, you do the necessary things to get me through the day.. and how do I repay you? By gaining weight that isn’t healthy, eating crappy food and drinking.. and yet, morning after morning, you do what needs to be done, albeit sometimes begrudgingly.. so I have decided to make a commitment to you as a thank you for never letting me down over the past 29 years.

I promise to eat healthier and take you to the gym at least 5 days a week.
I promise that on Saturday mornings, we will go for a long walk around the lake downtown.
I promise I will get the 8 hours you need to keep going.
I promise to lose the weight that keeps you from running, bending, walking without pain.
I promise that as I lose the weight, I will keep it off.
I promise to parade you around in a two piece bikini next summer.

Thank you for your protection and constant support. From this day forward, I will take better care of you. I love you, my body..

Replies

• shannonstarr
    shannonstarr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    love it!!
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • carolemsavoie
    Options
    You go girl & get 2 your bikini bod.......... I too am overweight & am tired of being 2 tired 2 do the things I wished I could with my girls....
  • mhoss101
    mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support.. This is why I love this site!!! I will definitely be posting bikini pics once I get there.. I am going to schedule for a photographer to take my pics so I have more accountability and motivation..
  • mhoss101
    mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support.. This is why I love this site!!! I will definitely be posting bikini pics once I get there.. I am going to schedule for a photographer to take my pics so I have more accountability and motivation..
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love love love this...only wished I had thought of it...:blushing: but glad you did:smile: