Does the 30 day shred work?

Options
Does the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred work? If so please post pics of your results. Thank you :) and feel free to add me

Replies

• Melatonin
    Melatonin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    YES~!!! I lost 11lbs and 26inches when I did it!!! I will be doing it again when I complete Turbo Fire
  • bailann
    bailann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's definitely helped reinvigorate my workout (especially since I'm having trouble getting to yoga class with all the snow in Kansas!). I did level 1 for about 3 weeks - normally you're supposed to do it for 10 days- because I wasn't able to do it everyday. I've done level 2 twice now. Haven't seen weight overall come off but definitely getting stronger and looking a bit smaller after just 3 weeks.

It's hard but worth it - I like only having to work out for 25 minutes!

I would recommend 2 or 3 pounds weights. I went up to 5 pounds (after using cans of food - ha!) and the 5 pound weights are a bit too much).
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i can tell you it does!!! i am also 27 weeks pregnant and still do it couple times a week to keep my frame in shape somewhat!!! i love it!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    yes it does, I am alot bigger than you but it worked great for me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/844640-my-30ds-results
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    YES. YES. YES. I did it a year ago and had amazing results. I am going to start it again tomorrow morning. Here is the link to my results post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/577522-my-30-day-shred-results?hl=my+30+day+shred+results
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I want to try it as well. It looksliek people are seeing real results. I work out 6 days a week for an hour or more and am not seeing anything like that!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I did it last year (30 days back to back) and it was fun and easy to stick with. My measurements and weight didn't change at all, though.
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I credit Jillian Michaels for a lot of my weight loss. I did 3 rounds of 30 Day Shred because it worked so well!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    It sure does! I have 11 days left and have lost 6lbs. and a good bit of inches but won't have official results until I'm finished.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It made my ankles and knees hurt really bad so I have had to stop it for a while. :( Be careful.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through my second round. I've lost inches not pounds but I have to say,It taught me so much that I try to intergrate a lot of what I learned into my other workouts.I'm down a size and I love the improvement in my biceps.

One thing to note,from what I've read,Most people gain weight initialy due to water retention.which is common if your very new to using weights.So if you gain,don't get discouraged just work through it.
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    It worked for me! I lost 10lbs and I lost an inch of my arm, an inch of my chest, around 2-2.5" off my upper & lower waist, 2" off my hips, and an inch off my thighs.

I didn't take good starting pics (I wish I had!) but this is the difference between the last day of level one, and the last day of level three.

8260756502_2e33129799.jpg

I followed up with Ripped in 30 and just am finishing that and plan to do the 30 Day Shred again with heavier weights in March to tone up a bit more for my brother's wedding in April.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow.
  • princessmakaila
    princessmakaila Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It worked for me! I lost 10lbs and I lost an inch of my arm, an inch of my chest, around 2-2.5" off my upper & lower waist, 2" off my hips, and an inch off my thighs.

I didn't take good starting pics (I wish I had!) but this is the difference between the last day of level one, and the last day of level three.

8260756502_2e33129799.jpg

I followed up with Ripped in 30 and just am finishing that and plan to do the 30 Day Shred again with heavier weights in March to tone up a bit more for my brother's wedding in April.

WOW you look so good :D
  • princessmakaila
    Options
    YES. YES. YES. I did it a year ago and had amazing results. I am going to start it again tomorrow morning. Here is the link to my results post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/577522-my-30-day-shred-results?hl=my+30+day+shred+results

WOW you look so good. Im going to start it tomorrow :) thanks for sharing
  • princessmakaila
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing :) Im going to start it tomorrow.
  • PMDiva
    PMDiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I purchased the dvd today. I am going to do something with her dvd playing for the next 30 days.

Since the workout is only 25 minutes, did you do other things to make up for the rest of the time or this was the only thing you did for 30 days.
  • trisha671
    trisha671 Posts: 28
    Options
    I just started. Day 3 still on level 1.
  • hebehrens
    hebehrens Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm about to do day 10 of level 1 in a few minutes here. I don't think I've lost any pounds so far (5'9", 169lbs starting), and I'm not planning on doing measurements until the end of the 30 days, but I will say I feel stronger already. I was able to do my first real push up EVER yesterday. I'm doing 6 days on, 1 day rest by the way (so will rest tomorrow and start up with level 2 on Saturday).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!