Stop.

IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Stop and relax.

Much of the tension in life is due to the fact that people rarely stop doing things. We never give ourselves a break to relieve the tensions of the day, to just do nothing and see where it leads us. Do you feel like you never have a moment when you are not running or in demand? Take time to relax.

And remember, sleeping at night does NOT count as relaxing. Relaxing is being awake and unstressed. It is occupying yourself happily with something you love to do or nothing at all!

Put on your to do list: Set aside time to relax and "do nothing" today, even if for a short while. Even five minutes of down time can be replenishing.

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    So true - very good reminder!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Sorry but everytime I see the title of this thread all I can think is "Stop. Colaborate and listen" and I have no idea why. Well, i mean I know why, I just think it's strange that it won't get out of my head.

On a more related note, I think tonight I will take a nice bubble bath after reading this thread. After the gym and a load of laundry.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Sorry but everytime I see the title of this thread all I can think is "Stop. Colaborate and listen" and I have no idea why. Well, i mean I know why, I just think it's strange that it won't get out of my head.

On a more related note, I think tonight I will take a nice bubble bath after reading this thread. After the gym and a load of laundry.

You could chill out with some nice Vanilla Ice while you take your bath
  • Hi & yes it's good 2 sit & take time 4 ourselves from time to time...I'm a stay @ home mom of 3 girls & am the 1 doing evrything in the house & I take the morning 2 be on computer for about 1 hour ,then I do my chores of the day....... My current weight is 330 lbs & hope 2 get down to 200 lbs ....... I've gone through a gastric operation in 93 & was down to 225 lbs ,vut had 3 kids since then & put the weight + extra .....I'm a big junk food addict & need 2 keep these foods out of my house ............ you can add me as a friend if you'd like......... E mail - carolemsavoie@msn.com............ I would like 2 congratulate you on your weight lost ,& would love to hear how you did it...
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member

You could chill out with some nice Vanilla Ice while you take your bath

lol. yes that sounds incredibly relaxing. i do usually listen to music when i take a long bath, but it's usually something more along the lines of norah jones, the fray, fiona apple... something slow and relaxing, usually with lots of piano, but maybe Mr. Van Winkle would be a nice addition.
This discussion has been closed.