P90X or Insanity

DizzieLittleLifter
DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hubby and I want to do one or the other. The problem we are having is we have NO where near a TV to put a pull up bar. Does the insanity program require a pull up bar as well? What are the other pros and cons with each program? TIA

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    I am currently doing p90x, my hubby is doing insanity. P90x does not require pull up bar, you can use the band.....but I think men prefer a pullup bar. I dont, I use bands. (also I use dumbells) Insanity is a big step up from p90x. harder and more intense...does not require anything but your bodyweight p90x is 90 days....insanity is 60.
    They are both excellent workouts, so you wont go wrong with whichever you choose!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    My husband and I are doing P90X. He uses the pull up bar and I use the bands. Our pull up bar isn't anywhere near the TV. We just pause the DVD and our pull ups and then go back into the livingroom and play the DVD again.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    My husband and I are doing P90X. He uses the pull up bar and I use the bands. Our pull up bar isn't anywhere near the TV. We just pause the DVD and our pull ups and then go back into the livingroom and play the DVD again.
    This is what my husband and I do; it's in the kitchen doorway, so we just pause and take turns then go back to the DVD and FF to the next part. Works just fine for us. Just finished week 1 today. Feel sore, but loved it!!
This discussion has been closed.