best time of day to weigh yourself?

Options
so today at around 2pm i weigh myself on the Wii fit and it say I have gained another pound. I just wonder what time of the day is best to weigh yourself or is there one, i know the Wii tells me that your wight can be up or down by 2 pounds depending on the time and says you should weigh at same time everyday but I don't think about it sometimes till later

I also know muscle weigh more then fat, I most likely shouldn't be upset but i am. maybe I should just walk on treadmill until i loose some weight then start doing weights and stuff.
I know I am loosing weight cause my pants are loose on me now.

Replies

• ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself as soon as I wake up. That way all the weight you slept off is being shown and not the food you've eaten throughout the day, or water.
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I get my most accurate weight around 8am
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    After a big dump :)
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Best time? First thing in the morning after a good, you know (BM).
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's kinda what I thought
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Buck naked right when I roll out of bed. Coffee and breakfast can add over a pound, pound and a half so I do it first thing.
  • uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • ACV_82
    ACV_82 Posts: 2
    Options
    I do it the sec I wake up.
  • countrybarbie24
    countrybarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wake up, get naked, weigh myself, get dressed. Weigh yourself before you eat right when you get up is the best time...

I to forget and weigh later in the day and like dang it should have weighed earlier.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I'm still laughing at this LOL
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've made a point of always weighing myself first thing after I've woken up and gone to the bathroom. It's always the same scale at the same spot in the floor. That way my total loss is being measured against consistent circumstances, oh and no clothes at all since they could vary in weight.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I think it doesn't really matter as long as you do it at the same time/day of week every week and your meals are pretty standard in size. Then you should just be looking for an overall downward trend.

That being said, most people do it first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom, before eating because that is usually the least you will weigh all day, and who doesn't like to see a lower number?!

Your weight will fluctuate by a pound or two or three throughout the day so don't let that get to you!
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Same time (as soon as I wake up, after I "go to congress" no clothes at all (which really sucks as my bathroom is a meat locker in the mornings)
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Same time (as soon as I wake up, after I "go to congress" no clothes at all (which really sucks as my bathroom is a meat locker in the mornings)
    Maybe you should put the scale in the bedroom or somewhere warm