How do they know?? (off topic)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Off topic but I am just curious about something. Maybe the men of the board can help.

My 16 month old son is suddenly fascinated with farting!! I'm not sure how he figured out it is something to laugh at but when I change his diaper, he will fart, blink, look at me and start cracking up! I don't laugh and keep a straight face but he knows to laugh anyway! And I don't just mean a chuckle, I mean a throaty, mannish type of laugh..the HEH HEH HEH!!

Of course, I end up laughing eventually which makes him laugh that much harder and then "Try" for another fart! I know he's trying to get a reaction but I don't know....is it something in your brain from birth????? LOL!!

Tam

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Off topic but I am just curious about something. Maybe the men of the board can help.

My 16 month old son is suddenly fascinated with farting!! I'm not sure how he figured out it is something to laugh at but when I change his diaper, he will fart, blink, look at me and start cracking up! I don't laugh and keep a straight face but he knows to laugh anyway! And I don't just mean a chuckle, I mean a throaty, mannish type of laugh..the HEH HEH HEH!!

Of course, I end up laughing eventually which makes him laugh that much harder and then "Try" for another fart! I know he's trying to get a reaction but I don't know....is it something in your brain from birth????? LOL!!

Tam
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry tam, that would be giving up secrets of the male order, I would be bannished from mandome if I gave this away. You'll just have to guess at the answer. :wink:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    LOL that is funny but sooooo true ... just wait till one of his friends shows him he can make farting noises with his arm pit.... youll never hear the end of the pfffttttttttssss
    j~
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry tam, that would be giving up secrets of the male order, I would be bannished from mandome if I gave this away. You'll just have to guess at the answer. :wink:
    lol :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Sigh! My sweet baby boy is slipping away already!!!! Soon, he will be on the couch with my husband, watching sports, belching and doing other mannish stuff!!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Sigh! My sweet baby boy is slipping away already!!!! Soon, he will be on the couch with my husband, watching sports, belching and doing other mannish stuff!!

with his had on his crotch eh :laugh:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Oh my as a mother of 2 boys I hear you. :laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I think it probably feels good and it sounds funny, not a normal sound. So it's funny. And even as adults we think it's funny, sometimes!!!!

What's really funny is when a dog farts and he hears himself. They don't know where the noise came from so they are looking around. Hilarious!!! My Dobie does it all the time!!!

Memaw
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Sweet!!! A little taste of what I get to look foward to....yea for moms of boys!!!:laugh:
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I have 2 boys!!!!
    I know .....:sad: :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    UH (*scratching head*) You mean only BOYS are supposed to do this?!:blushing:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My little guy is 15 months and I don't know if he knows how to push out a fart but when he does do it, he will look at us and laugh. Maybe it feels funny or tickles his little butt. You can't help but laugh, it's too cute.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I have 3 boys and my 5 year old farts on command, I don't know how he doesn't crap himself! But of course the other boys in the house (except my 3 mo, who will soon) crack up like it's the funniest thing thats ever happened!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    He is the light of my life! He's like my own personal court jester!!

Also, how he knew while taking a bath, to lean back to better let the fart out is beyond me!! Seeing the bubbles was too much to keep me from laughing!

I just love watching him discover things, even farting I guess!!! LOL!
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    We are simple creatures and we are easily entertained.

The older he gets the more he will enjoy.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I have a 47 year old "baby" at home who still thinks it's funny to fart!! He does it in bed and it's loud enough to wake me from a dead sleep.:laugh:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    omg this is too funny....Hey just to stay on mfp topic. How many calories did everyone just burn laughing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    UH (*scratching head*) You mean only BOYS are supposed to do this?!:blushing:

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: I raised two girls that I think could put any boy to shame:flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My 17 month old hasn't discovered the humor in farting, but he has recently "discovered" himself. He was sitting in the tub and kept covering it with a toy and playing peekaboo with himself. He was so proud of his discovery. Cracked me up!
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options

We're watching you Banks.:wink:

PFFFFFT:ohwell: