How to deal with exercise/diet during period?

Options
I got a gym membership at the beginning of the month and have been going to the gym 6 days a week. I do a bunch of cardio. It's allowed me to eat more so I'm relying on exercise to do that.

I unexpectedly got my period yesterday. I wasn't prepared with what to do since this is the first time I'm this serious about the gym. So anyway I wear pads and I'm afraid of it leaking through. It's also really messy since I run 7mph on the treadmill so I'm moving very vigorously. I had to not go but with free time I had, I got bored and overate. I was moody and I was mad I couldn't go so I just ate.

I don't want this to happen again. Do you eat less or the same when you can't burn the calories you usually burn?

Replies

• leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use pads too, and I go to the gym every day I am on my period. Just make sure you change it right before you work out. Also, the gym will help with making your period a little lighter and help with the moodiness (endorphins anyone?).

If you are uncomfortable on the treadmill, try a stationary bike (one that has a back to it the seats are bigger and wont give you a wedgie!) they are great for burning calories so at least you could get a work out in!

Good luck!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I would use a plug (tampon) and work out anyways. Exercise helps cramps too and then you can have that extra piece of chocolate. ;)