My fatrolls hurt!!

Options
I am having a problem, and I need some advice.

I am in the middle of doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and when I do jumping jacks I feel like I'm being attacked by my own body. I totally have a awkward body shape. Including the awesome fatroll known as a FUPA, the super sexy fat roll thats below your belly button. Anyways, I need advice on workout clothes. Something to keep my *kitten* contained so I feel more comfortable working out. Also, I need advice on good sports bras before I get pancake boobs.

Replies

• amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've heard very good things about the Panache sports bra. It's pricey but worth it if it gets the job done.
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wear figure hugging Lycra and breathable materials!
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've heard very good things about the Panache sports bra. It's pricey but worth it if it gets the job done.

My best sports bra!
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    I will look into both of those:) THANK YOU!
  • PunchyMoot
    PunchyMoot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    haha! god. i feel your pain. the sound of my fat slapping fat is one of the worst things. i don't have big boobs at all, but i wear two bras for support while working out. i dont have any other tips, i just wear ratty ol junk while working out :S
  • theresa_ann
    theresa_ann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i am also doing the 30 day shred... i wear a pair of cheap yoga shorts i bought at walmart for $5 they have the wide band on the top so i flip that up over my belly and wear a tight fitting but breathable top that has a shelf bra built in made by danskin. i just bought a cheap sports bra for like $15 but has molded cups. seems to be working good for me so far and i had attacking rolls too, lol
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    lol I'm a dude and I feel your pain, literally - it sucks, I normally try find singlet or tight fitting stuff to wear underneath my clothes i'm training in, that way it kinda helps keep everything squished against my body lol apart from that I just try avoid the exercises that make everything flap around too much - There's all sorts to do. I found swimming fantastic. I tried skipping and nearly died.
  • theresa_ann
    Options
    "the super sexy fat roll"

lmao... :laugh:
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    last week when i went to zumba, one lady (fitter than me) said, 'i don't know if i will do this class again, there's too much fat flopping around here!'

she looked directly at me when she said it.

i have the roll under my belly button too. if i wear a thong, nobody can see it! haha! i call the roll my 'apron'.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I wear Enell sports bras and I like them very much. I swear I almost sprained a boob running down some stairs a couple years ago when the girls were flying free.

Do I want to know what FUPA stands for? Should I just google? The possibilities are ... well, alarming, haha :)

edit: Ok, googled and... man, people are effin mean out there in that ugly world :(
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Look into getting a pair of compression shorts.
  • theresa_ann
    Options
    last week when i went to zumba, one lady (fitter than me) said, 'i don't know if i will do this class again, there's too much fat flopping around here!'

this is horrible!!! :frown:

when i do zumba (at home in the basement) you can probably hear my fat flapping upstairs, but atleast everyone has the common courtesy to not say anything, lol... some people are so rude!
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wondering if spanx would work?
  • SweetCrumb
    SweetCrumb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Get a pair of 2XU tights. They are AMAZING. I put them on when I first started my weight loss and I was like, stuff losing weight, I'll just wear these all the time and look like I have muscles! I find when you first get them the sizing is a little tight but it means when you lose weight they last longer which is worth it when they cost so much. They're really great, feel like a second skin and they have an online outlet so you don't have to pay through the nose.

http://2xuoutlet.com.au/womens/bottoms/tights.html?p=1

Also if you have big boobs I've seen alot of girls invest in a good sports bra and then strap them down with a compression croptop to keep it all cemented in :)

Good luck!!
  • SweetCrumb
    SweetCrumb Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I hope you slapped her across the face. What a stupid cow!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

when i do zumba (at home in the basement) you can probably hear my fat flapping upstairs, but atleast everyone has the common courtesy to not say anything, lol... some people are so rude!

it was funny when she said it, because i was thinking it at the same time! there are mirrors on 3 sides of the room...floppy fat X infinity!!
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    it was funny when she said it, because i was thinking it at the same time! there are mirrors on 3 sides of the room...floppy fat X infinity!!
    Yeah but... we're the only ones who get to make fun of our chubs! They're like really annoying siblings that REALLY never want to leave you alone, lol. When other people start picking on them, why, them's fightin' words!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I tried skipping and nearly died.

YOU my friend, are cute as a button :laugh:
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options

Hahaha, at least you can laugh about it
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Fupa... So we're all clear on what that stands for?

Anyways... Brastop.com is where I go for ALL of my bras. You can try them on in the comfort of your own home and returning/exchanging is far easier than a store purchase.

I agree with the panache brand suggestion. I would stay away from "Freya".

Additionally, are you sure you're wearing the right size? I thought I was a 34A for years, turns out I'm a 28D. ;)