Ranch dip!

leavinglasvegas
leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
edited September 20 in Recipes
This can be made with full dairy or vegan, either way, no one will care. Its so delish!

1 cup real mayo, light mayo, or veganaise
1/2 cup sour cream, or tofutti sour cream

Mix those two together till creamy. Then mix in the following spices. (About 1/8 tsp each, but it varies to taste)

Dried dill weed, dried chives, garlic powder, dried parsley.

Serve chilled with cut up veggies. Yumm.

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Looks good; thanks!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Does it have to be garlic salt or would garlic powder/minced garlic work as well? (Not sure if the salt is just a necessity, or a preference)
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Does it have to be garlic salt or would garlic powder/minced garlic work as well? (Not sure if the salt is just a necessity, or a preference)

mmm I think minced garlic would be yummy in it :)
  • Ooops! Yes, its supposed to be garlic POWDER!

But real garlic, chives, parsley, and dill would be even better!
  • My friend makes this with just the mayo, sour cream, and dill weed..(i love the pampered chef dill weed)..This is yummy..I could eat the whole bowl to myself:-)
  • My friend makes this with just the mayo, sour cream, and dill weed..(i love the pampered chef dill weed)..This is yummy..I could eat the whole bowl to myself:-)

Confession:

I had some left after Easter and I tested it on french fries. Seriously, that was a dangerous experiment......
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Ooops! Yes, its supposed to be garlic POWDER!

But real garlic, chives, parsley, and dill would be even better!

Thanks! My sister is a ranch fiend! (I also love it on fries) Just not a big salt fan, so thanks for getting back to me :-)
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    bump
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Would anybody think it would be good with the Fage, greek yogurt instead of the sour cream?

I hear some people use that as a substitute for sour cream, but I have never tried it...
  • Would anybody think it would be good with the Fage, greek yogurt instead of the sour cream?

I hear some people use that as a substitute for sour cream, but I have never tried it...

Greek yogurt is a great sub for sour cream! It only makes it healthier!
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    That sounds really good!!
  • Ranch fiend is putting it mildly. :laugh:
  • I just planted an herb garden and I'm totally going to make this with fresh herbs when they come in. Yum!!!!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.