To much sodium?

Options
What is a reasonable amount of sodium intake for a day and how much is to much? :huh:

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What is a reasonable amount of sodium intake for a day and how much is to much? :huh:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    harvard medical school says 2300-2400 mg a day

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/daily-sodium-intake.htm
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    Options
    2400mg. or less per day for adults.
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    thx :happy:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    WOW!!!!:noway: Thats alot!!
  • tuber311
    tuber311 Posts: 15
    Options
    Clarification:

The tolerable upper intake level for adults (UL) -that means the most any person should have in one day- is set by the FDA at 2300 mg/day.

The Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) -a manageable intake level for the average adult age19-50 - is 1500 mg/day.

The average US persons sodium intake is 3000 mg/day, and is enough soduim to increase the likelyhood of stroke & heart disease.

Last month I had 5 days where my sodium intake level was over 6000 mg
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Clarification:

The tolerable upper intake level for adults (UL) -that means the most any person should have in one day- is set by the FDA at 2300 mg/day.

The Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) -a manageable intake level for the average adult age19-50 - is 1500 mg/day.

The average US persons sodium intake is 3000 mg/day, and is enough soduim to increase the likelyhood of stroke & heart disease.

Last month I had 5 days where my sodium intake level was over 6000 mg

GOSH! That is a lot!
    Goes to show that we should stay away from Salt as much as possible. No need for heart attacks or strokes.
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    Wow I never really paid attention until now, I had a can of soup (2 bowls) throughout the day from campbells and it had 1,892mg of sodium :noway:
  • jerryw1960
    Options
    You should take no more than 2000grams per day
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Interesting posts. I shudder to think how much sodium I was getting a day before I started this weight loss program! I'm a major label reader now and I'm always saying "holy cow that's a lot of sodium!" when I see how much sodium some of the food products have. This website has been invaluable to me.