What is your ultimate motivator?

Options
13»

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I bought a FitBit yesterday and even though I worked from home today it sure did motivate me to get moving!!

Other than that, my motivation is to look fabulous and not be embarrassed to get in a swimming cosie next summer (first day of Autumn today so I've got 9 months to lose the fat).
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    older pictures of me and how much fat I've gained and how much muscle ive lost since then........trying to get back to my nicer body.....
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    originally it was to better my life, like get a girlfriend and look good, the usual shallow motives I suppose, now its all about evolving for me, my motivation is I am heading towards the very best version of me and I can not wait because as a person I have grown, matured, had tough times and it is them moments that make me work harder
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Actually being able to wear summer clothes this year. No more summers in jeans or "mom shorts". I'm so excited to wear 'real' shorts, a bikini, little summer dresses. It's very motivating.... and very HOT here in the summer, haha.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    First, because it's good for my health, I'm 60 and still high-energy amd not on any prescriptions.

Second- I work in a company that's still full business dress and I have accumulated a wonderful wardrobe of tailor-made clothes- a skirt, 2 suits, 3 jackets, 3 pair of pants. They were not cheap, but they were made in the USA and I'm proud of that. If I gain back the 17 lbs. I've lost, I'm going to strain the seams of the pants and the skirt, which would make them uncomfortable to wear (I hate tight pants/skirts) and is not good for the fabric. My tailor has already tactfully warned me that yo-yo dieting is not good for clothes- you can't keep taking in/letting it without it wrecking the material and leaving tracks. I had one pair pf pants cut down and really need to have him do the rest. Gaining weight after that and letting them out again is not a good idea.

So that's a big motivation!