Fairly new here, just want to say hi

Options
Just want to introduce myself to everyone here. I just finished up college in December, and since I had been eating like a poor college student for the past 4 years, I finally decided in the fall that I would keep track of what I eat and try to get in shape. I lost about 16 lbs in 3 months and hovered around 170 lbs since then. Now, I'm actually trying to GAIN weight and put on some lean muscle. Before, I was trying to keep track of what I ate with an Excel spreadsheet, but MFP makes life so much easier! Since I started using MFP a few weeks ago, I've been able to really keep track of EVERYTHING that I'm putting into my body, not just calories.

Replies

• BahamaMama85
    BahamaMama85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome & congrats on your graduation! I graduated June 2009 but I was working full time & going to school at nights. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • milesje
    milesje Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. For building lean muscle I would like to recomend the P90X workout system. If you have the time and money it is well worth it. If you do use the system be sure and to the weight lifts at the muscle building reps and not the lean (toneing) reps.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've also just graduated in December, so I can relate to trying to turn over a new leaf now that we don't have to slave over homework and classes 24/7. Feel free to friend me, it helps having a bit of extra support. It's nice to be done with college though, so much more free time to work out and an income to buy healthier food :D