Need help, plateaued.....

Options
I have been using MFP for a few months. From the beginning I lost a lot of weight fast without even exercising and was motivated to keep going! I have made a change to my diet, like most of you, calculating and watching what I eat. However I hit a plateau and added exercise to my routine hoping that would kick start the weight loss again. I work out for an hour or more about 6 times a week. I haven't lost anything in a long while and like many of you I am working hard, and not seeing results is discouraging ( not to the point of giving up, but still saddens). My brother is a physical trainer and says it could take years for me to lose anymore weight. Is this true?! I am calculating my cal intake and working out half the calories I intake hoping that would result in weight loss. I understand the some of the science behind it, why is my weight not going anywhere. Any advice would be wonderful, but please be kind I am still learning this new healthy lifestyle. I also have no friends on here either, don't know how to add, so support would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• Nenusky
    Nenusky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi. Been down that route before. I'd suggest you add strength training to your routine if you're not doing that already. Helps to crank the weight loss process up a few notches.
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Two things:

1) Net calorie intake at 1200 - NET. Eat back what you exercise.
    2) Monitor your sodium and fibre intake with the food calculator if you aren't already.

Okay, three things:

3) Don't panic!

I've sent you a friend request.