Insanity low calorie burn?

Options
Im almost 2 weeks into insaniy, I have a Polar F4 HRM & weigh 132lbs, I burn roughly 290cals per workout, but this seems low somehow?

My heart rate averages at 67-69% and max's at around 85% each workout, should these figures be higher?

Any help/advice is much appreciated :)

Replies

• currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My coach said she logged her Insanity workouts and they only showed about that much. She thought they would be higher(me too, which is why I originally kept eating crap, lol). She said Insanity works more with an afterburn. I just joined an Insanity group on here last night. You should check it out. I found out lots of helpful info there.
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your fitness level and how much you put into it. The more weight I lost and thinner I became, the less I burned. So on average, I burn between 300 for the first month and 450-500 for the second.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have the ft4 and after doing 30DS figured I had burned well over 200 calories doing level 2. It was around 170! If insanity is like 30DS there are so any minutes of strength and abs that your heart rate slows down for those minutes? Is my guess
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    And I want to Add that on level 1 I went from 190 calories to 130 by the time I got to day 8, so as I got better, the burn amount got less
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I suggest working out and pushing yourself as hard as you can. If you can keep up with tanya you're doing awesome and changes in your body will be coming. Who cares what your heart rate is? Or Your "burn"? Work you body, not your calories.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    My HRM logged me at 810 calories burned with the Pure Cardion and the Cardio Abs workout (end of week 2). My HR was constantly between 120-170 for the workout. 200's does seem low, but then your body is different than mine.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Up until I bought a HRM I thought I was burning a lot more than I really was. I typically burn 280-380 cals during the Max workouts and I am pushing myself to near collapse...I burn a bit more during the Asylum workouts but I had assumed I was always over 500 which is not the case.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm also about 130 lbs and doing Insanity. I burn anywhere from 200 (Cardio Recovery) to a little over 400 (Plyometrics). Next week I think the ab workout is added in, so my calories burned will probably go up some from that. Don't worry about it-if you're anything like me, you push as hard as you can and feel like collapsing at the end!
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I suggest working out and pushing yourself as hard as you can. If you can keep up with tanya you're doing awesome and changes in your body will be coming. Who cares what your heart rate is? Or Your "burn"? Work you body, not your calories.

if you can keep up w tanya you are a GOD! hahaha i hate her!! shes on all shaun t's workouts even hip hop abs lol i try to beat her!
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    27 minutes of Insanity burned me only 250 cals last week according to my HRM and I can typically keep up with the people in the video. I also burn out about when they do too. :frown:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Try not to focus too much on what others can burn in one workout. It's all about the individual. Having more muscle mass naturally burns more calories, combine that with a month 2 Insanity workout and you might burn 800+ calories easily. Remember that you're also in month 1 and the workouts are much shorter (but remember more isn't always better, especially in regards to body composition, volume and intensity).

It sounds like you are doing it right and working hard, so keep going and you'll get there.

Also, your username made me laugh! Great choice lol