I have NO motivation

So I'm on my last 7lbs which great, but I no longer have ANY motivation to work out. My diet is about as good as it gets, I stick to my calorie goal and never cheat. When I do exercise I dont eat the calories back because I have a super low burn and I HAVE been losing (this isn't a plateau moan) It's just now that I've come to a point where I'm like "yeah I'm pretty slim now, i can deal with this" I just cannot find the motivation to drag myself to the gym. I just really don't want to. Please help motivate me!!! Or does it really not matter that much if I only work out every other day?

Replies

• carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Ok you need to find some kind of exercise that you enjoy! It can't be a chore, and definitely should not be something that you are only doing to lose weight - it should be part of your new healthy lifestyle (totally my opinion, obviously).

If you're struggling with motivation then you obviously don't enjoy your work out. Try something new, go to a class (that way you cannot leave until its done!!). Or set yourself a goal - enter a race or something.

Whatever you chose you have to keep at it, even if it is every other day or a couple times a week.

EDIT: massive congratulations on getting down to last 7lbs!! Forgot to add that bit!!
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    try a short workout, like the 30 day shred for example! Maybe you already did of course, I'm just trying to help :)

It's just that a short workout which delivers results could be motivating to me: you don't have to go to the gym, it does not take you too many time in your schedule, and if you're a bit lazy to get onto it, you could just think ''well, it will be finished in 27 min, I can hadle that!"

Maybe I'm not helping, but anyway : Good luck and congrats for your weightloss so far!
  • Firstly if you are ok with +7Llbs and can maintain that then don’t beat yourself up about it.....relax, chill and enjoy the freedom, still watch your weight of course but if you don’t HAVE to go to the gym then don’t.

BUT if you want to exercise in some way but cannot face the gym (As it is dull as dishwater sometimes)....then as previously suggested try joining some classes....or a tennis club, soccer team, volley ball, badminton...or start a club of your own? Do a marathon or triathlon....a charity event anything that is different to the mundane gym experience.

Well done on almost achieving you goal.....most of all be happy !!
  • thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I have done 30DS but I may attempt one of her other vids tonight (I have quite a few that I use every now and again)

I enjoy running outdoors but we've got crap weather at the moment. Also unfortunately gym classes are a no-no for several reasons, I can only go to the gym during school time as I live in the middle of nowhere and school is the only time I'm near a gym. Also being a student there's no chance at all I can afford classes. I would LOVE to though
  • I see you live in Wales ...which explains the weather situation....I am only 5 miles from the border myself !!

So if the gym is out and you live remotely try cycling around the countryside, I bet there are cycling clubs and they are usually free, in our village there is a walking group who enjoy each other company while trapsing through the fields with no cost.

Do you have a dog? if so it should need walking....or just pick a local Welsh hill one day and say "I'm gonna climb that!"....whatever you do good luck and well done.