"Smoked" Salmon Spread and "Tzatziki"

arfletcher
arfletcher Posts: 143
edited September 20 in Recipes
“Smoked” Salmon Spread

1 Can Salmon – drained but keep the liquid
1 container of cream cheese – whatever plain cream cheese you want to use – light or fat free if you want.
Liquid smoke

Super Simple – mix together the salmon and the cream cheese; add some of the salmon liquid to get it to a good “spread” consistency if you need to. Then add a couple of drops of liquid smoke, this is to taste – the smokier you want it the more you add 

I think that I originally got this recipe from Weight Watchers… I don’t remember

“Tzatziki”

¼ c plain yogurt
Juice of one lemon – more if you need it – 1/8-1/4 cup of juice or more
2-3 cloves of crushed garlic – ½ - 1tbsp of garlic powder if you don’t have fresh
1-3 tbsps of fresh dill – ½ - 1tbsp of dried dill if you don’t have fresh

Mix everything together – taste – add more of anything if you need it. If it is too much flavor then you can add more yogurt! (I also like to add onion flakes some times.)

*I personally don’t like cucumber in it – but you can also either shred or blend in some cucumber to make it more authentic…

Replies

• mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Sounds delicious!
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    This sounds awesome.. I Love Tzatziki i'm certainly going to try this out.. Thanks for posting..
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Sounds interesting! I also love Tzatziki. What do you serve this on?
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Sounds interesting! I also love Tzatziki. What do you serve this on?

The Tzatziki I threw together for "Lazy College Kids Falafel" from vegweb.com - http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=22060.0
    They are really good and really easy, but they needed the Tzatziki to make them GREAT!

The Salmon Spread I usually do for parties or the such and serve with crackers... it would probably also be good with pita chips
  • sweetscorpio17
    sweetscorpio17 Posts: 47 Member
    I also add mint and cucumber in mine- I eat it with naan, pita, chicken and dolma! It really is great. You can also buy Greek yogurts at grocery stores!
This discussion has been closed.