Eating under 1000 cals a day

Options
2»

Replies

• maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Weight always comes off fast at first but you want to earn those by eating right and exercising.

I don't think you lost that weight too fast. I started at the end of July and I have averaged 2.5 pounds a week since. I'm 5'4" and cw is 182.6, I haven't updated MFP yet. I eat about 1400 calories a day and I only eat back a small portion of my earned calories.

You def need to up your calories though for lifelong sustainability. Remember it's not a race to get it off. If you do this the right way, you'll be able to maintain your new healthy lifestyle.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    dude that's gonna get you skinny-fat body. when i started eating more is when i got muscle ;)

@Nutella91 what you mean by Skinny-fat body hun? well you look amazing so I wanna know what your doing :)

If you have a high % calorie deficit, you are likely to lose more muscle than if you have a moderate defict.

people that lose a higher portion of muscle sometimes find themselves at their goal weight but still unhappy with their body, as they have a higher bodyfat% than they would like. Hence the term Skinny-fat.

For instance, if you start off at 30% fat, you don't want to just become a smaller version of the current you, and still have 30% fat when you get to goal.

To counteract that , the advice is usually to eat at a smaller defict, eat sufficient protein, and do strength training.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You'll lose pounds, but it's not a healthy way to do it. Any time we lose weight, we lose a percentage of muscle and fat. Your goal in losing weight is to try to keep as much muscle as possible, while losing as much fat as possible. If you're not eating enough and not getting proper nutrition (plus regular exercise including strength training), you'll lose a larger percentage of muscle than you would otherwise. What that means is that when you get to your goal weight, you'll LOOK heavier than you would if you'd taken beter care of your body while losing.

Learn from my mistake. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add about the OP's diet dilemma - just posting to say most people in Australia use the word 'tea' for the evening meal too :smile:
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If you keep eating like that you will mess your metabolism up. When you do eat more you will gain alot quicker.

Plus 1200 is the minimun but your body actually needs 12000 or more to provide energy to all your bodily functions.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Try planning a side dish with your lunch and supper. With a snack !