holiday help

Options
please give me some tips so i don't undo all my hard work while I'm on holiday.

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If you have access to myfitnesspal keep with it but adjust it so you're staying the same weight. That way you can shoot for the middle.

If you haven't, I suggest moderation. Maybe have one meal a day that is extravagant (with dessert!), while having mostly veggies and low cal things the rest of the day. Also, see if there's anywhere you can use a gym or feel safe exercising if that's part of your routine.
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Walk as much as possible and drink as much water as possible. Have small tastes of naughty things and don't be affraid of leaving food on your plate. And most importantly enjoy yourself. Don't weigh until a few days after.
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    Best thing is to try and keep active, take trainers and run? It will be fun to run/walk somewhere different.

When eating out go for fish.

Make sure you try and log everything, it may be difficult but if you are not sure over compensate.
    Maybe set your goals to maintance and just accept that you might no lose this week but you are determine not to gain :)

When choosing alcohol spirits are best with soda.
    Stay away from fizzy drinks aswell.
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If you are in an hotel do stairs for 20 or 30 mins in the morning. Then while eating make smarter choices, like burger and said instead of burger and fries.

On vacay you want to enjoy yourself but in moderation. You want desser ok, but go for lighter options instead of cheese or chocolate cake.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Take your time when ordering food. Look at the menu and think about how its cooked. Never be afraid to ask the waitstaff how something is cooked and if it can be baked or broiled without butter etc. Most resturants are more than willing to help out if they know what you need.

As mentioned, try to walk as much as possible. If you are at a hotel or resort see if they have a gym you can use. Water is your friend, drink as much as possible. It keeps you full and hydrated.

You can do this.