Count Warm up and Cool Down in Exercise Time?

Options
When logging exercise time, do you count the warm up and cool down or just the active workout time?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Depends what you are doing to warm up and cool down. I walk "briskly" to warm up and cool down for a run. I count that. I don't count the time I spend whining, looking for my other shoe/jacket, wrestling in/out of my sports bra, screwing around with my watch, stretching, dry heaving or any of that. So if your warm up and cool down is active "doing", I'd say count it.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i do. I use my HRM and it says my hr is up to 130-140 during warm ups and cool downs so your burning calories. I would count it!
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Depends what you are doing to warm up and cool down. I walk "briskly" to warm up and cool down for a run. I count that. I don't count the time I spend whining, looking for my other shoe/jacket, wrestling in/out of my sports bra, screwing around with my watch, stretching, dry heaving or any of that. So if your warm up and cool down is active "doing", I'd say count it.
    I do the same (excluding the sports bra bit), I am currently completing a programme of running for beginners which include the warm up and cool down, both are brisk walks and all is included as the excercise programme, therefore logic says to add them as calorie burners.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't, I do if I'm really lazy that day though LOL
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I do the same (excluding the sports bra bit),

So, you just leave it on for the rest of the day? :laugh:
  • elizabeths128
    Options
    LOL. Thanks, everyone!
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Hahahaha, you crack me up. I don't count stretching, just aerobic exercise. Ideally I only count things that put my heart in the fat burning zone.