I just need to get up and do it... right?

Options
Hey guys.. I've been wanting to lose weight for a while now, I'm 5'4" and 160.. I'd like to feel "good" again. How I feel is holding me back from things, which is not a good way to live.
I have a treadmill in my basement, and I have a Wii with Zumba. I just can't get up and use it. I KNOW how I am and if I'm working hard I want to see results... I've never had to lose weight before so I don't know how long it'll take me to see any kind of results...
I'm pretty much following weight watchers, I'm not signed up but I know how to count points.
I think I want to try couch to 5k... when I could run I did like it a lot. Has anyone else had success with this? Bah I don't know what to do or how long it'll take me to lose even 5 lbs. 5 lbs would really get me going.
If I'm doing couch to 5k and 20 min of Zumba 3x a week... do you guys think this will do the trick? 5lbs in the first month too ambitious?
Thanks for the support.
-Jenny

Replies

• bbmich23
    bbmich23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5lbs in the first month is not too ambitious. I think its about right. Motivation is key. You can sit and think about exercising and it will get you nowhere. OR you can stop thinking of it as exercise and thinking of doing something fun! Zumba is dancing..Think of it as a game..You are going to "play" Zumba for 15-30 min per day or so many times per week. Start out slow..I am learning that very quickly..you don't want to over do it..As for how long it takes..Everyone is different..Its a combination of diet and exercise..Good luck! You can do this!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Sorry none of us have a crystal ball to be able to tell you what the future will bring.

Zumba and C25K sounds like a good combination - just get started woman!