Hot Tea count as Water?

Options
Curious: Do you count hot tea as part of your water intake for the day or do you strictly go by plain water for your water intake for the day?

Replies

• jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i dont drink much tea, but when i do have a cup i count it as water. I dont add anything to it so i think of it like flavored water.
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I count it as water......
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea as well as water and sometimes a coffee or two. I count it as long as there isn't any sugar in it (added, fake, premixed).

There was a short article in Shape magazine about general consumption and it covers coffee, which is comparable to caffeinated tea.

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/ask-diet-doctor-do-i-drink-too-much-water
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    well the water is in it isn't it?
  • Me48Plus2
    Me48Plus2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Yep, it's all water.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If there's no milk or sugar in it it's water. It's just hot, has no cal flavourings in it and therefore is simply... water.
    (You will get an unholy row on here for suggesting this, as unless you drink it straight from the source its not considered water in some peoples minds.)

edit: If you add milk and sugar just count them as calories.
    edit: edit: Having said that, straight water I feel is best, so consequently I try to drink at least half of my water neat.
  • kbodnaruk
    kbodnaruk Posts: 67
    Options
    I drink at least 96 oz of straight water a day - but this morning I had a hot tea (about 12 oz) and I did make it with 1 splenda and 2 tablespoons of Natural Bliss sweetener - which I counted on my daily log - but I wasn't sure if I should also bump up the glass of water on the logging page to reflect 1 cup of water.....