Article states women gain weight from doing less housework

Options
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/does-less-housework-really-equal-larger-waistline-192700982.html

Now I am on a work break so I read about 60% of this article. But looks to me like it is saying that women are gaining weight because they are doing less house work. And although I agree that more men share the work load than in the past, this is down right insulting to say.

For the guys out there that really do think women should do all the house work and chores, etc...Wake up, be a man and work together with your partner. Guys that think this way simply realize that it is really hard work and they are just lazy as hell.

Also, I can say with certainty that there are guys out there that screw up house work, chores, laundry on purpose because they want their wife, girlfriend, mother to say just stop and let me do it. Poor excuses for a man if you think like this.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I don't see the need for everyone to get out of shape about it. Women used to do more manual labor around the house. People used to do more physical work in general. That probably raised their TDEE. A lower TDEE plus higher calorie intake equals weight gain.

And by "everyone" I mean all the people who commented on the article or "denounced" it.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What a dumb study. Women are doing less house work because unlike 50 years ago, a family needs two incomes to survive. Not only does this lead to less housework, but it leads to less home cooking and unfortunately, more day care and less family time. Not to say that it's not possible for women to accomplish all these things (there are some super women out there!). They, especially mothers, tend to put everyone infront of themselves.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Food was alot more fresh and less chemicaled back then also.

Bad study. They should take every factor into consideration, not just 1 particular thing.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/does-less-housework-really-equal-larger-waistline-192700982.html

Now I am on a work break so I read about 60% of this article. But looks to me like it is saying that women are gaining weight because they are doing less house work. And although I agree that more men share the work load than in the past, this is down right insulting to say.

For the guys out there that really do think women should do all the house work and chores, etc...Wake up, be a man and work together with your partner. Guys that think this way simply realize that it is really hard work and they are just lazy as hell.

Also, I can say with certainty that there are guys out there that screw up house work, chores, laundry on purpose because they want their wife, girlfriend, mother to say just stop and let me do it. Poor excuses for a man if you think like this.

Men AND women as a whole used to do a lot more manual labor and physical activity back in the day. The modern world has made it easy for all of us to put on a few extra pounds. But I guess it's a bit silly for the article to just focus on women. Whatever...not really that offended though:bigsmile:
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options