My Introduction..:)

Options
Hello everyone! I am here, was on here once before but got WAY sidetracked and lost my way. I let the things get to me that shouldn't have. I am a very emotional person at times so I can do good and then one thing go wrong and I am a mess.
All of my life I have dealt with weight issues, plus it runs in the family. I hate being overweight, I hate the word fat, I hate how people look at you like you are the most disgusting thing on the earth when you are just trying to live your life, people who judge have NO CLUE about what you go through when you are obese, the problems that are a daily struggle, the depression and a million other things.
I have been stuck in the 200s since graduating high school, right now I am 292 as of this morning and this is UNACCEPTABLE to me, I refuse to stay at this number or go any higher. I just can't let this happen, there is diabetis, heart disease that runs in my family and I can not let this win. I have sleep problems at night and I am sure my weight is a major issue. I am about 5'3 and I know my back issues and many more would disappear if I could just kick it into high gear and do this. I don't want to be like this the rest of my life, I just celebrated my 28th birthday and I dont want to be in the 200s for my 30th. So with God's help in making me strong and the support of friends/family I know I can do this!

Replies

• sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Been there for too many years. I am old enough to be your mother and I finally decided that I had to get it together. As with you my emotions are very involved with my eating. I have finally decided that I am worth more than what I have been and that my husband deserves more. I work everyday with his help and have been making progress for the last 6 weeks. I wish yu all the support that you need to complete this journey.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Welcone! I know your struggles well. You can meet your goals, just focus on a little at a time. What always helped me and my cravings was one little saying. "I can have it but I don't want it." Just keep things positive and good luck!
  • rylovesty23
    Options
    Hey girl! Reading your post made me a little sad, and not saying you are trying to be negative but I do think it is so important for you to stay positive!

First of all, you said you dont want to be in the 200's when you hit 30- HEY THIS IS A VERY REALISTIC GOAL. You can do this!

Honestly just start small. Log your food EVERYDAY. Do it the night before for the next day that way you have no risk of going over or cheating. You just have to think about what you really want out of this and it sounds like you know. Choose to make healthy choices for you, as soon as this weight starts dropping you wont want to stop!
    Choose to exercise- if you dont exercise now, then guess what- a 15 minute fast walk is already more than you were doing!
    There are tons of people on here who offer support, if you are wondering what you should do for healthier meals just ask around! I promise you will get answers!

GOOD LUCK!
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    There are a lot of us that feel similar to you, just sick and tired of being sick and tired! I wish you the best of luck with your weight-loss journey! Feel free to add me, I am a daily logger !!