Wireless Activity Trackers

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for WIRELESS ACTIVITY TRACKER devices? I'm considering purchasing one and I've seen ads for different ones including the one which advertises on MFP, but I can't decide and could use some advice.

Replies

• Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit, and it really opened my eyes up to how much I wasn't doing. so, now I do more ;).
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Link and I absolutely love it! It tracks my steps, calories burned, calories consumed, deficit, sleep patterns, levels and times of activity and it's pretty awesome i have to say :) it was $130 with shipping on Amazon. I wear it all day and night on my arm and you can't even see it under a t shirt.
  • blackflowers
    Options
    I have both the Fitbit and the Jawbone UP. I prefer the UP, but the Fitbit is more reliable (the UP is experiencing issues with longevity right now). Fitbit also ties into MFP pretty well.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just got the Bodymedia Core with the optional display. I love it. It is not a heart rate monitor, but it tells you how many calories you are burning and you can link it to MFP to add your daily caloric intake. I've only used it a few days but I absolutely love it. I did a lot of research and it seems it is the most accurate as far as finding your TDEE. I'm a numbers person and it gives me lots of data. I highly recommend it. It's a bit more expensive and there is a monthly fee of 6.95 to use the website which is worth it to me. I would spent that on the treats that I don't eat anymore anyway.
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    I have the Body Media Fit LINK,all of the above is right on plus.....you get real time info on you phone and it links to MFP. It is a great tool. As with the Fit Bit I can show you how much you are of aren't doing! :smile:
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I use BodyMedia. It is seriously the best investment in myself I've made. I got it a week ago and lost 7 lbs within that week! It makes me want to reach goals and move my body as much as possible. It is wonderful to track everything and is very accurate. I tried the FitBit and found it not as accurate and didn't sync to my computer easily. The FitBit reminds me more of a phone that has a pedometer app, which just doesn't track perfectly. The BodyMedia actually tracks things so much better.

Also with Bodymedia (and FitBit), you can get rewards on two sites: EarndIt and EveryMove. When you exercise, you gain points. These points can be used towards real rewards! I love these sites. EarndIt even has challenges. EarndIt: http://earnd.it/15sYLfl and EveryMove: http://www.everymove.org
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is popular.

I ahve a Motorola MotoActv watch/tracker. It was a lot fo bells and whistles for tracking activities and pairs with my HR monitor. Wireless upload of data each night and a website to see progress. Expensive though and there are a few comparable other brands to look at from Garmin and Polar.

Good luck.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, and I LOVE IT. Both of my co-workers in my office (who hold the same sort of position I do) have Fitbit's too and love it. I love all the data it gives when it syncs with MFP - especially the calories in vs. calories out monthly chart.