Help! My wedding is in less than 6 months!

christina_255
christina_255 Posts: 51
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I need some advice. I have found the perfect wedding dress for my wedding on 10/2010 but I need some work on my arms. Any suggestions on the best workouts to slim up my arms. Thanks

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    to make them slimmer, keep up a healthy diet with exercise and eventually the fat will come off.
    To tone them, work your biceps, triceps, your deltoids (shoulders), and pectorals.

if you have access to a gym, then there should be weight equipment that specifies all of these area.
    if you are using free weights, prevention has some good workouts: http://www.prevention.com/health/fitness/strength-training/arm-exercises

if you aren't using any equipment at all, pushups and pullups are your best options.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Get a resistance band. I think the one I use is the medium. I like to put one end under my foot, wrap the other end one time around my hand, hold a 5 lb. dumbbell and do bicep curls. It adds amazing resistance. Also, my trainer has me doing a lateral shoulder move. You hold a 4 lb. dumbbell in each hand and raise your arms so you look like a goal post, then bring them up over your head so both your hands are next to each other but don't touch the dumbbells, then go back to starting position. Do 15 to start - they BURN toward the end!!

I use the machines at the gym but the other day I did the same motions as the machines with my 5 lbers. Get in "goal post" position again and then instead of going up, bring your elbows toward each other, keeping your arms in an "L". Repeat up to 20.

Another one I like with the resistance band... wrap one end on one hand once and twice on the other. Put twice-wrapped hand over your head like you're scratching your upper back. Put your once-wrapped hand behind your lower back, parallel to the floor. Then use both arms to stretch the band in opposite directions, so your lower hand is going down and your upper hand is going up. Do 12 reps of this and then switch positions with hands and go another 12 - or less, I had to work my way up. I think I started with 12.

Use a tighter (small) resistance band and hold one end in each hand. Keep one arm outstretched from the shoulder, parallel to the floor and the other the same, but bent at the elbow, with your hand at your chest. Extend your arm and then bend it back to position. Do 12 reps, and then switch arms.

Hopefully those aren't too hard to understand - hard to explain, sometimes! If you have any questions, I can try to draw diagrams. :happy:

Hope that helps - this is what I use and I've lost inches off my arms already!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Yoga is really good for toning too! It has already helped me tone up quite a bit all over.

I'm going through the same thing, and I've already bought my dress... It's a halter and shows off my arms and shoulders and upper back, all of which I am not in the least proud of yet.

I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30-day shred and it definitely works my arms pretty good. I'll let you know the results on that once I've been doing it for a bit longer. Good luck!
  • thanks everyone for the advice. Ill definitly look into everythign yall suggested
This discussion has been closed.