should I walk everyday?

Options
2»

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I don't really count walking as exercise, I use it to increase my "activity" or NEAT.

Walking everyday is good for you.

I'm the same way. Rest days are for giving your muscles time to heal, and to avoid overtraining. I don't think walking a mile a day is going to cause you problems with either of those things.

That depends entirely on your fitness level! For some people a mile a day is a new adventure!
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    I don't really count walking as exercise, I use it to increase my "activity" or NEAT.

Walking everyday is good for you.

I agree!

I walk my dog at least 2 miles every day, sometimes twice.

FYI a 20-minute mile is 3 mph. That's a nice, gentle pace. :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's walking. For 20 minutes a day.

I'm no doctor, but I think you'll be okay
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Unless you have some medical issue, walking every day is fine. You should be active EVERY day...that's a far cry from doing heavy lifting every day. You should be great, and I bet you'll feel a lot better too :) Best wishes!!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Not so sure about that one. On rest days might wanna just stay in bed all day. Otherwise could risk pulling a hamstring if not careful.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

Not so sure about that one. On rest days might wanna just stay in bed all day. Otherwise could risk pulling a hamstring if not careful.

That can get pretty expensive. On my rest, "non-walking" days, I use a wheelchair to get around.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options

That can get pretty expensive. On my rest, "non-walking" days, I use a wheelchair to get around.

:laugh:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Walking a mile a day will not hurt you unless you are disabled/injured. If it takes you a long time to walk a mile or it feels easy, walk faster till you are sweating and your heart rate is up. Depending on factors like your weight and exertion, you may be surprised how small a calorie burn that is. So if you are really worried about overdoing it, don't be.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

Better have someone push you, otherwise you are only resting your lower half. You would over-work your arms. The next day would need to be spent in a straitjacket to rest them. Then you might over-compensate by using your mouth and feet instead of your hands. It's a vicious cycle. Best to just stay in bed. Alone! Hanky-panky on rest days is totally overdoing it.