FitBit Zip?

Options
I'm considering getting one since I can get it for 20% off, but I'm not sure. I don't need the sleep monitoring one...I know I don't get enough sleep! Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit One (the one for sleep). The advantage of this one is that it also counts your floors. So if you do stairs, it will keep track of how many you do each day. My husband has the zip and his doesn't have stairs or sleep.

Other than that, I can say I LOVE my FitBit. It motivates me to walk more, do more stairs, and get a good nights sleep.

I actually just ordered a Polar HRM as well, so I will be all set come Monday. Our Elliptical will check our HR but it shows mine barely gets over 70, so we know that it is wrong. It will be nice to have one that will actually tell me my REAL heart rate.

I say it doesn't matter which FitBit you get, you will love having it. I told one of my clients about it last week, and today she proudly showed me her FitBit and was happy to report that before her breakfast she walked off the calories she would eat for breakfast. She is 67. I am 47 and love mine. I look at it often to see where I am at, and try to get to 15k steps a day. I feel good though if I get to 10k, which is their standard. I like that you can look online, and that it tracks for MFP as well. I like that you earn 'badges' or a flower each day, as they keep you motivated. And finally, I like that you can have friends on FitBit. I have my husband and someone else, and I compete with both of them to have more steps. My husband passed me two days ago and I have been bummed. He goes out of town next week, so I should be able to catch him again!

So, if you get the context of my long winded message, I definitely think you should get a FitBit. You will enjoy having it track your steps, calories burned and the competition you can 'create' with friends. Feel free to add me!
  • silvercanoe
    silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Zip! It's easy to wear and helps me stay on track. Also motivates me to reach my goals as it displays an encourgement message when I am close.

I don't know what exercise, if any, you will do so you may want to use a HRM as well. I mainly walk and the Zip does great for that. I do take it off when I do circuit training and use MFP's calculations, although I think MFP may calculate a little high on the circuit training so I take a reduced number for those workouts.

I don't worry about the stairs as they are not a big part of my life. I also don't worry about sleep. It works great for the way I use it.
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I am leaning towards the zip or the bracelet one...I just don't need the sleep one...I'll figure it out. Definitely getting one though.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i'm gravitating toward the bracelet , so i will be less inclined to place it in the washing machine with my clothes...
  • BadNamePicker
    BadNamePicker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the One and love it! I've been using it for about a month now and I love it. The sleep monitor is neat, just to see what your patterns are (I get up 4 or 5 times a night and still average about a 95% sleep efficiency, woo hoo!), but what I really like is the floor counter and the additional 'challenges' I can come up with for myself.

It is very accurate and worth it, IMHO. My husband has the Flex on order and can't wait for it to come out!

The only (minor) complaints I have are:

- The water counters aren't integrated between MFP and fitbit. You have to enter them both places.
    - When you enter food via MFP, it doesn't detail out your meals, just a total for breakfast, lunch, dinner and generalizes snacks. Sometimes I would like to not have to look both places for detail
    - If your phone doesn't have bluetooth 4.0, you can't synch with it. Hopefully that will come out soon though.

Good luck on your decision and I hope this helps!