1500 Calories - What do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Lara Bars, as most of them are gluten and dairy free (although if you are entirely dairy free, stay away from the ones with chocolate in them, since they have dairy traces in the chocolate chips). They range between 190-250 calories per bar and don't have any processed junk in them, just dried fruits, nuts, that sort of thing.

I tend to bulk up my lunch salad by adding a whole chopped avocado to it, which doesn't make me sad at all, since I LOVE avocado. Basically, I cut up a whole head of Romaine lettuce, add a seasoned grilled chicken breast (I like to grill off a few pounds in the beginning of the week and then leave them in my fridge) and a half cup of chipotle salsa or fresh pico de gallo, and an avocado to a big bowl, put the cover back on, and shake the hell out of it. YUM! Add in a cup of soup (I like the ones from Imagine Foods....they are largely gluten and dairy free and many have low sodium options) for a full meal.

Good luck!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    All of them do, except for the trail mix. Maybe I should eat more nuts, since my meals are so low. Good idea!

There's no gluten in rice...

Should have been more clear, sorry. No grains, gluten, or dairy. Forgot that in the original post.
    Snyder is the brand. I actually prefer them to regular pretzels!

Lots of good ideas though! I also have a hard time digesting soy, and corn is a grain so that is a no-go for me. I'll look up the ingredients though!
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have my diary set to 1500 calories. Often times I meet my carbs, fat, protein, sodium and fiber - but my calories tend to sit around 900-1200.

How is this possible? If your cabs/fat/protein are each a percentage of your total calories, how does this come out to less than 100% (1500) if you are meeting each individual target?

OP im glad you have your diary open. mine's open too but you eat better than i do hahaha. besides the point,
    but bcattoes is right. its not really possible to be hitting ALL your macros if youre undereating calories. you really dont hit all your macros. you may hit one but not all at the same time. try eating more proteins. that would up your calories and hit your protein macros too. :-) i see you eat eggs. maybe add egg white to a whole egg??. i didnt really detail your diary much just looked at your bottom numbers. im an advocate of protien tho because i have a bad habit of munching on food when im bored or emotional and protein helps me stay full and makes it easier to say no to munchies :-)

Good luck!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I try to do as close to between 1400-1500 calories as I can

I find eating 3 meals and two snacks helps me stay on track. I just need to learn to make wiser choices on what I eat.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have my diary set to 1500 calories. Often times I meet my carbs, fat, protein, sodium and fiber - but my calories tend to sit around 900-1200.

How is this possible? If your cabs/fat/protein are each a percentage of your total calories, how does this come out to less than 100% (1500) if you are meeting each individual target?

OP im glad you have your diary open. mine's open too but you eat better than i do hahaha. besides the point,
    but bcattoes is right. its not really possible to be hitting ALL your macros if youre undereating calories. you really dont hit all your macros. you may hit one but not all at the same time. try eating more proteins. that would up your calories and hit your protein macros too. :-) i see you eat eggs. maybe add egg white to a whole egg??. i didnt really detail your diary much just looked at your bottom numbers. im an advocate of protien tho because i have a bad habit of munching on food when im bored or emotional and protein helps me stay full and makes it easier to say no to munchies :-)

Good luck!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

My main issue with eating mostly meat is that I get full rather quickly, and tend to eat less. I can't eat 3 large meals a day & 2 snacks (as crazy as that sounds, but everyone is different) without feeling like my stomach will explode at the end of the day.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Oatmeal (sometimes with an apple in it), coffee w/ coffee creamer (lactose free)
    Lunch - veggies, piece of fruit, chicken/tuna/crab w/ a bit of mayo and green onions and celery, or corn thins (like rice cakes but thinner) wiht cucumber, avocado and some smoked chicken deli meat.
    Dinner - Usually chicken breast, veggies, rice/sweet potato

Snacks - Apple or banana with PB, fruit or veggies, Dark chocolate, nuts, honey nut chex, GF/DF cookies, and sometimes you just have to have some good ole chips :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well let's see.

On Monday I ate 1521 calories.

Breakfast: 365 calories
    Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl
    Scoop of whey

Lunch: 420 calories
    Marie Callendar's Slow Roasted Beef (microwave meal)
    Quaker chewy granola bar

Post-workout snack: 238 calories
    1.5 scoops of whey
    1/2 cup of milk

Dinner: 498 calories
    6" Double meat roast beef sub with spinach, tomato, and mustard from Subway
    Snapz dried apple chips

1521 calories
    147g protein
    39g fat
    154g carbs (39g sugar)