Why so little protein allowed?

Options
2»

Replies

• Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    MFP sets the protein levels low. Too low for me! You can go in and adjust your %age.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem and mentioned it to my nutritionist. She said the goals on MFP are a little on the low side so as long as you're not way over on the protein, it's fine. Also when you exercise and add it in it will raise your protein levels on here.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    because protein can make you bulky

Pshaw! No it can't! You're thinking about weights that aren't pink and glittery. Duh.

So I can bench press 115lbs and I won't get bulky if the weights are pink and glittery? Awesome!

OP, you should up your protein to the levels that other posters have suggested. I recently upped mine to 113g
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

Pshaw! No it can't! You're thinking about weights that aren't pink and glittery. Duh.

Oh, yeah. Sorry.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

So I can bench press 115lbs and I won't get bulky if the weights are pink and glittery? Awesome!

OP, you should up your protein to the levels that other posters have suggested. I recently upped mine to 113g

If they're bedazzled, you're guaranteed to get those ballet dancer arms. <-- true story
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Yep, thats right.

When you are lifing heavy, training hard and in a calorie excess, otherwise, no.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The protein recommendations MFP uses in their default profile are what's considered ideal for people who are losing weight through diet alone or whose only exercise consists of very moderate intensity activity such as going for walks. When you start stepping up to forms of exercise that force the muscles to do real work and place real stress on the body (whether in the form of cardiovascular exercise or strength training) it increases your protein requirements drastically.