Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Appetizer suggestions?

skinnisteph
skinnisteph Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
It's my turn to bring the snacks to Bible Study this week and I need a suggestion for something healthy to bring. We've done fruit, veggies, popcorn, hummus, chips & salsa, bean dip, and other not so healthy dips. Two other ladies are on MFP and I want to make or buy something we all can eat.

Replies

• kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    You can buy corn tortilla's , cut the whole amount in to 4's and bake them in the oven. That way you are avoiding oil and salt...oh and you could also cut yams into the shapes of fries, mist "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray" (I do about 20 sprays per cup of fries), and bake those in the oven as well.
    Hope That Helps :)

~Kristin~
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    This is something my Sis-in-law makes all the time and we love it. Instead of the basil oil you can just drizzle them with Italian Dressing.
    http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/entertaining/appetizer-tomato-and-mozzarella-skewers-with-basil-oil-082250

Also you could make pinwheels out of tortillas or lowfat wraps and maybe some turkey and cheese with some mustard if you don't want them dry. I like using the Joseph's Lavash Bread wraps. They are only 100 cals for one and they are huge. Anyway you can roll them up "jelly roll style" with the turkey and cheese and then cut the "roll" in about 1in. pieces so you have little finger food rolls.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i needed some suggestions to take too and i got these as replies:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/82554-what-would-you-make?
    i loved the idea of an oatmeal bar. :) maybe one of them will help you.
    dawn
  • Thanks everyone! Great suggestions.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Finger sandwiches...you can do them with cucumber/cream cheese, cream cheese and sprouts, turkey, tuna, egg salad, the list goes on and on...
This discussion has been closed.