Tired of feeling stressed about food all the time...

Options
Ive been trying to eat healthily/low carb for almost 3 months now....Ive lost about 8.5kg and am about 5/6 kg off my target weight, but honestly, the past two months have been really emotionally draining.
Always having to check food packets/calories/carbs

Constant feelings of guilt and disappointment when the scale moves slower than id like.

Its slowly taking over my life...i think about food CONSTANTLY and the fact that im not allowed to eat it or HOW im supposed to eat it.

Its not even a case of deprivation....i just find myself planning my entire day round my three meals.....logging onto MFP constantly and just generally feel quite worried about the situation.
Its really taking its toll on my mental wellbeing now. The first 5kg was VERY simple to lose...and it was fun, now the novelty/enthusiasm has worn off and i just feel mentally constrained and has taken over my life...

has anyone else felt like this? DOES anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• CourtAtkins
    CourtAtkins Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and being so close to goal!

I've only been on MFP for just over a month but I can definitely see that happening. I freaked out quite a bit when I flew out to babysit my nieces for a long weekned; worrying over every single calorie and thing I ate. It was exhausting...

Unfortunately I don't have any advice but I'd like to see what others have to say...
  • Danny0950
    Danny0950 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying to eat healthily/low carb for almost 3 months now....Ive lost about 8.5kg and am about 5/6 kg off my target weight, but honestly, the past two months have been really emotionally draining.
    Always having to check food packets/calories/carbs

Constant feelings of guilt and disappointment when the scale moves slower than id like.

Its slowly taking over my life...i think about food CONSTANTLY and the fact that im not allowed to eat it or HOW im supposed to eat it.

Its not even a case of deprivation....i just find myself planning my entire day round my three meals.....logging onto MFP constantly and just generally feel quite worried about the situation.
    Its really taking its toll on my mental wellbeing now. The first 5kg was VERY simple to lose...and it was fun, now the novelty/enthusiasm has worn off and i just feel mentally constrained and has taken over my life...

has anyone else felt like this? DOES anyone else feel like this?

Are you eating enough? I'm no expert and in a completely different situation but looking at your diary for the past week you've only just gone above 1200 calories twice. Is that not the minimum amount needed for the body to function? I'm not surprised your thinking about food.
  • loseit4ever12
    Options
    Yes I have felt like that.

Heres some thigns I did-

pre plan meals and prep a week in advance
    pre portion snacks and do not leave your self a ton of options (I cut up peppers and put em in baggies etc)
    pre log meals for the next day
    freezer cook and use your crockpot (I make 2 meatloafs and freeze one, double a casserole) I write the portion size and calories right on the freezer bag
    I make a big batch of soup and freeze in 1 cup containers and write the calories down
    Make a list of commonly eaten foods and their portion size and calories and hang it on the wall
    Just stick to 2 or 3 breakfasts and lunches for awhile
    Eat the same thing for dinner 2 or 3 days in a row

Just Keep it Simple and automated!!!