Does Anyone Bake Their Eggs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Videogirl15
    Videogirl15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My mother made an egg bake last week. It was so fluffy and delish. She told me she put the ingredients in a blender before baking. It was like a souffle!
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love to bake my eggs in Portabella mushrooms (I have been addicted to them lately)

egg_zps2e68159d.jpg
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I found a great new way to do eggs and wanted to share. Instead of boiling them (where about 20% of my eggs broke when peeling them), I bake them, in the shell, in the oven. We eat a LOT of boiled eggs here, so it's wonderful!

It does not matter how old the eggs are, newly bought eggs peel just as easily as a week or two old eggs.

1. Put eggs straight onto oven rack.
    2. Once all eggs are placed, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
    3. Set timer for 30 minutes.
    4. When time is up, place all eggs in an ice bath for 10-15 minutes.
    5. Peel eggs.
    6. Eat eggs with a smile because they were so EASY! :)

Enjoy!

I use a muffin pan when I bake eggs. Just put one egg in each cup and you are good to go.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love to bake my eggs in Portabella mushrooms (I have been addicted to them lately)

egg_zps2e68159d.jpg

OH Yum that looks great :heart:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    bumping for great ideas..........
  • mcknjack
    mcknjack Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks for the tip! did not know you could do that...and I will as i never boil eggs as I cant stand the stink! love to eat them though....does it not smell this way???

I don't like the smell of boiled eggs either. I didn't specifically think about the smell when I made these, but I didn't notice the nasty boiled egg smell, so I think you'll be good! :)
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    And very easy. I spread a laughing cow light wedge on the port a Bella but you could use half on each, add some chopped onion, crack the egg in the mushroom and bake at 375 for 20 min. When I pull them out I put chunks of tomato and sriracha.
  • mcknjack
    mcknjack Posts: 20
    Options
    If you put your hard boiled eggs in an ice bath then they will always peel easily!

Maybe it's my water? I've tried everything - using older eggs, adding vinegar, etc. STILL have about 20% of the eggs that come apart when I peel them. And that's after the ice bath. That's why baking them works for me! :)
  • joeint
    joeint Posts: 31
    Options
    Here is another egg cooker never a problem with shells sticking to the egg cooks in about 15 minutes.
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40817224
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is a great idea.
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I whisk mine with a little milk, spray a cupcake tin with nonstick, add goodies (olives, bacon, onions, peppers, jalapenos, cheddar, etc) and bake them into actual egg muffins. I will have to try this in-shell egg technique but will definitely put them in a muffin tin -- I have terrible visions of exploded eggs all over my oven.

This is awesome. I can't wait to try your ideas.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Does Anyone Bake Their Eggs?

Only baked eggs I knew of was eggs in a hole.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxisLCdddohbGH77igIF-rvNYzsuu0mPX7_VKcwxmB5BvDZEx7hQ
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It worked! And no stink...thank you.
  • lenap73
    lenap73 Posts: 11
    Options
    I beat my egg in a small bowl and I microwave it for 1 minute so that I can make an egg mcmuffin looking sandwich with cheddar