One Year Lifestyle Change Journey

Options
tidesong
tidesong Posts: 451 Member
Today marks my one-year anniversary of embarking on a lifestyle change aimed at making me more healthy, and shed some pounds in the process. Woohoo!

Since March 1, 2012, I have released 63 pounds, and many, many inches. (Next week will be measurement week, since I didn't take them immediately at the start.) I have gone from a size 22/24 jeans to a size 10. (!) I have gone from a 3x shirt to a M, sometimes a L depending. My ring size has dropped; I can't wear any of my rings now. Heck, even my shoes seem to be bigger now.

The more shocking number: I have released 97 pounds from my highest (recorded) weight in 2005. So close to 100...but in reality, I've probably already reached that because I know my highest actual weight was more than what was recorded in 2005. I just never wanted to know. At the highest recorded weight, I was wearing 26/28 pants and 3x/4x shirts. Mind boggling.

I still have a bit longer to go. I have a goal weight set, and I will reach that after getting rid of 27 more pounds. However, if I reach half of that and feel it's appropriate for my body, I will stop. I don't think my goal is unrealistic, so I don't think that'll happen, but I am trying to be realistic.

I have learned so many things over the past year. Fad diets = a joke. (Dr. Oz = a quack.) There is no magic wand. Or magic pill. Weight loss happens with dedication, hard (HARD!) work, and perseverance. Have I made mistakes over the past year? Certainly. I'm human. But I picked myself back up each time and KEPT GOING. I have learned that I can accomplish things I never thought I could accomplish. This has started carrying over into my everyday life a little, though my self-esteem issues are still very present and get in the way.

And I have learned that I couldn't have done it without the support of my boyfriend, my family, and YOU, my friends. Thank you all so much for your support, encouragement, and love.

Pics will be coming most likely next week, as that'll be my 3-month picture metric time.

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Great work! 63 pounds in a year is phenomenal. :)
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This brings me to tears! Congratulations, so proud of you!!!! What you have done is amazing.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Spectacular show of commitment to YOURSELF!!!! :drinker:
  • thisisgreatsmile
    thisisgreatsmile Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wonderful:flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing those words it really is great to read how great you feel and seem to be :happy:
  • lorax419
    lorax419 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good job on the weight loss. I know you had to work hard on that - well done!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Reading stories like yours helps keep me motived. I was over 255 at one time in my life, and have been slowly shrinking over the decades.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I'm glad you pointed out that you're human and that you'd pick yourself back up and keep going! A lot of people beat themselves up and stop. I'm so happy for you :D
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work! You are an inspiration.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your kind words!

As humans, once we set our mind to something, we can accomplish anything. WE CAN DO IT!!
  • LilChamp82
    Options
    Love your enthusiasm!!! You ve done so well so far you can achieve anything now!!
    Just awesome! ^^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!