Ground chicken

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Hi all,

I made this for dinner tonight and I love it!

1 small onion chopped
2 minced cloves of garlic
1 pkg of ground chicken (mine was 350g)
1 cup of white kidney beans
1/2 cup green salsa
1 medium grated zucchini

Cook onions and garlic until soft (I didn't use any oil). Add ground chicken. Cook until pink is gone.
Add chicken mixture into an oven safe dish and add remaining ingredients. Mix well with spoon.
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

Taste awesome in whole wheat tortillas or eat with rice.

Approx 250 cal (without tortillas or rice).

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Hi all,

I made this for dinner tonight and I love it!

1 small onion chopped
    2 minced cloves of garlic
    1 pkg of ground chicken (mine was 350g)
    1 cup of white kidney beans
    1/2 cup green salsa
    1 medium grated zucchini

Cook onions and garlic until soft (I didn't use any oil). Add ground chicken. Cook until pink is gone.
    Add chicken mixture into an oven safe dish and add remaining ingredients. Mix well with spoon.
    Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

Taste awesome in whole wheat tortillas or eat with rice.

Approx 250 cal (without tortillas or rice).
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. Oddly I had never heard of ground chicken. Where have I been? Makes sense if there is ground turkey. Do you have the meat department grind it for you?
  • Mireille
    Options
    That sounds good. Oddly I had never heard of ground chicken. Where have I been? Makes sense if there is ground turkey. Do you have the meat department grind it for you?

Nope, it's already pre-packaged. It should be right beside the ground turkey. I'm sure this dish would be good with ground turkey too! :flowerforyou:
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    Yea I was suprised to find ground chicken at Walmart. I didn't know it existed either! I actually like it much better than ground turkey because although I love turkey I think the ground turkey tastes funky.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Nope, it's already pre-packaged. It should be right beside the ground turkey. I'm sure this dish would be good with ground turkey too! :flowerforyou:
    Well thanks for the recipe, I will get the ground chicken and try it:smile: