First World Problems..

Options

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I hate the whole "First World Problems...." thing, because it's usually Americans complaining about their problems. But America is not a First World country. This is the New World - ie, the 2nd world. Smooshing us in to the 1st world, and naming many old world countries "2nd world" during the cold war was just annoying and confusing, and the cold war is over now anyway.

In an era when many college students can't locate Washington, DC on a map, should we really be cluttering up peoples geographic minds this way? Simply knowing which world a country belongs to will become as difficult as remember whether coffee or fat or carbs or whatever is good or bad!

Whoa...WHoa...WHOA!!!

Slow your roll there. A little warning next time please. Something like, History lesson ahead, you're gonna get a schoolin', read at your own risk: or some such nonsense.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I hate the whole "First World Problems...." thing, because it's usually Americans complaining about their problems. But America is not a First World country. This is the New World - ie, the 2nd world. Smooshing us in to the 1st world, and naming many old world countries "2nd world" during the cold war was just annoying and confusing, and the cold war is over now anyway.

In an era when many college students can't locate Washington, DC on a map, should we really be cluttering up peoples geographic minds this way? Simply knowing which world a country belongs to will become as difficult as remember whether coffee or fat or carbs or whatever is good or bad!

waHvG.gif
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I had no coffee at home this morning :sad: :cry: So I had to go stop at the DD on my way to work
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants to criticize others for their first world problems needs to remember that they're on a weight loss website where we digitally complain about the results of the excess food we've eaten and how difficult it is to resist snarfing up all the tempting goodies all around us. It doesn't get much more first world that that.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I can't find remote so I have to change the television by hand! Lol
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I'd honestly just watch was on that channel...for...like...ever.
  • BridgeKiki
    Options
    Amen !!!
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Lol that did happen but then law and order came on and I was desperate to change the channel.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Whoa...WHoa...WHOA!!!

Slow your roll there. A little warning next time please. Something like, History lesson ahead, you're gonna get a schoolin', read at your own risk: or some such nonsense.

:laugh: You are only the second person I know of that says "slow your roll" and it made me snicker....
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The router in my house must have weak wifi in my weight room. One minute I'm jammin out on my elliptical to my Pandora station, then the next it sounds like a scratched CD. CURSE YOU WIRELESS CONNECTION! CURSE YOOOOOU!!

I totally understand. I have that problem too, but in my bedroom. My room is on the third floor of a townhouse and the router is on the first. I'm trying to watch my netflix and suddenly the internet will get super slow, and then I get really annoyed! :explode:
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get upset when I buy some donuts only to find I got the day old donuts by accident instead of the fresh one.

I want a donut now...you suck. But I love you anyway.
  • coolvstar650
    Options
    I hate when the toilet seat is cold.

and yet am creeped out when it is warm.

Quite the conundrum, isn't it.

The Goldilocks Paradigm
  • coolvstar650
    Options
    I'm mad right now because my docking station is acting up

That is no way to talk about your wife.

I am his wife, I am not sure what say to that.:smile:
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options

You can change a tv maually? Really?
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    youtube's not working :sad:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Is it a first world problem when you spend the better part of your day debugging some C code originally written by someone from the third world?
    I'm not sure if that should be a sum, average, or and. I'm pretty sure it's not an xor though.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Wal Mart`s closed !
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

D'oh! Just get your helper monkey to go change the channel for you. That's what those helper monkeys are for, right?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I don't like rough toilet paper.

jail-toilet-paper-1.jpg

I hate too add insult too injury, but I couldn't find any 2-ply
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I put a chicken and some potatoes in the oven to roast, and it smells fabulous...

...but it wont be done before I leave for work so I have to buy dinner anyhow. Dunce!