Noob question about body shape...

Options
(Bear with me here, I'm going to try and ask this in the best way I can...)

In February I had just recently started to workout and diet and I've lost 11-ish pounds so far. I've noticed that my bum is getting smaller and more toned already and I was just wondering if I reach my goal of losing 100 pounds will my bum be GONE?

I have an hourglass shape and my hips are large. Not fat, just large so I'm not worried about that. I just wanted to know from anyone's personal experience if the bum disappears.

Thanks in advance :heart:

Replies

• swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your individual body, everyone is different! (for example, take a look at one of the threads discussing changes in bra sizes with weight loss; different area, but same thing). Your body holds onto fat in different areas than other people's bodies do.

If you're afraid your butt will disappear, I would suggest doing strength training targeting those muscles specifically. While spot reduction is a myth, adding muscle (or maintaining the muscle you have) can change how things are proportioned (to an extent).
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If you are truly an hourglass, your bum won't disappear completely with weight loss. Your hips can only get so small depending on bone structure.

I'm a ruler/banana shape, so I have no hips to speak of...