Weigh-In

Options
How often should you weigh-in? I was told to weigh-in once a month so I wouldn't get discouraged. Have others done it differently?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I "check in" with my Wii daily, but my official weigh in is once a week.
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I read in my Shape magazine that one should weigh once a day just to make sure you notice weight gains, but you should only officially weigh once a week. This is the time that you would make your comparison.

Myself, I choose to weigh once a week, but I may jump on the scale just to see a few other times a week.
  • amillward27
    Options
    I weigh in every day. I don't necessarily write that number down or anything and i'm not really disappointed if it goes up by a few pounds. It just has become habit for it and I like to see where I am. But like I said, it's not something I take too seriously. If it shows a few pounds lower I don't get too excited. If you are weighing in seriously and tracking weight I would do it once a week.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I write my weight on a calendar in my bathroom. Every thing I read says I shouldn't and the number can sort of make or break my day but I do it anyway. Since I have been on here I have had only good mornings :happy:
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    I have one "offical" weigh in day but I will weigh myself a couple other times throughout the week so I can see if I am on a good track.
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    I weigh myself nearly every day, but I only track my weight once a week (usually on fridays). I do it to keep tabs on my weight, and I try not to let the numbers bother me. Your weight can fluctuate a lot in one day, so I only worry about it if the number stays high.