• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I only eat the strawberry or key lime flavors
  • vilo_pjd
    vilo_pjd Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff!

Just add honey and if you want to make it really enjoyable throw in a crushed oat biscuit or similar.
  • vilo_pjd
    Options
  • fat2skinnyanne
    Options
    I LOVE Chobani!!!!

Me too!!!!!!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I love that stuff. When i started cutting back sugars, I realized how much I despise other yogurts. They are too sweet and chalky to me. Can't eat them anymore now. I love it, but it WAS an acquired taste, took me a while to like them. <3

ALSO

In my side of town,

Chobani was being sold at out grocery store 10 for $10!!! WIN!!

This!!

I used to not like Greek Yogurt but now its all that I eat. The other stuff is waaay too sugary! I usually have plain greek with fresh fruit or splenda,.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I wasn't big on it at first but I've found one I absolutely LOVE.. the Dannon Oikos black cherry, the flavor is so strong and it pretty much eliminates the tart taste of the yogurt, that and the strawberry are the only ones I eat. For me, It's a great snack because I'm not a big meat eater and they're packed with protein :)
  • vilo_pjd
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • fat2skinnyanne
    Options
    I make my own Greek yogurt. I like to eat it with honey, almonds or pistachios, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a dash of cardamom. A friend of mine from India introduced it to me.

Mmmm that sounds yummy! I like mine with rolled oats, sliced banana and honey plus a tablespoon of chia and nuts mixture. Keeps me full from breakfast till lunch which is around midday or later.!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    nonfat and plain...that's how i like mine...and they all taste the same to me...pre-sweetened yogurt is creepy to me!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is NOT a new trend. Try chobani 2% pineapple.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've grown to love Greek yoghurt! I LOVE Yeo Valley Lemon & Ginger on its own, but I can't wait for summer when strawberries come into season, it'll be lush with the natural one. Oh, and I love the honey flavour with chopped banana. Mmmmm, dessert tomorrow will be chopped banana, Greek yoghurt with honey, and sunflower seeds!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    I eat it due to the protein, but the after taste reminds me of vomit :/ ive only had great value brand, the more i eatbthe more i like it though
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love that stuff. When i started cutting back sugars, I realized how much I despise other yogurts. They are too sweet and chalky to me. Can't eat them anymore now. I love it, but it WAS an acquired taste, took me a while to like them. <3

ALSO

In my side of town,

Chobani was being sold at out grocery store 10 for $10!!! WIN!!

^^this! I cant eat any other kind of yogurt anymore besides greek either
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I mix it with blueberries / raspberries / pomegranate seeds and its quite a good breakfast to have.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can't eat sweet yogurt anymore, I've gotten so used to the Greek yogurt taste. I admit it is an acquired taste, but I like a tsp of cinnamon and a handful of blue berries and flax... stir it up really good and yum!
  • stella1314
    stella1314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thats what i think exactly, but it has less sugar
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt. The thicker texture and added protein make it much more filling than regular yogurt, and it doesn't have that many more calories.

It really does depend on the brand, though. The very first Greek yogurt I tried was Zoi full-fat honey. OMG, it is to die for. Super, super rich and creamy. Of course, it has something like 9000 calories a cup. I recently tried the Zoi non-fat plain and it was awful. The texture was very grainy and gross. Like another poster, I am enjoying trying all the different brands. Today I picked up some of the Fage 0% plain, and it is GOOD.

Greek yogurt is really just yogurt that has been strained to remove much of the water, hence the thick texture. I have made an approximation by straining regular plain yogurt through coffee filters overnight. This is also called "yogurt cheese."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/dining/17mini.html?_r=0

Now I am tempted to make Greek yogurt from scratch. It doesn't sound too complicated:

http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/do-it-yourself/2012/02/how-to-make-greek-style-yogurt/
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I think it's trial error as far as brands go. I prefer Fage. I like to add honey, granola, and fruit. My favorite way is to add 1 TBLS of sugar free jello pudding mix(chocolate, butterscotch, or cheesecake) and 2 TBLS of sugar free cool whip to 1/2 cup of yogurt.

If you don't like it though I wouldn't worry about forcing yourself to eat it.
  • bkerstin
    bkerstin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For those that have one in their area, Wegman's brand greek yougurt is awesome! The black cherry and blueberry flavors especially.
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    I can't stand the plain kind. But, I love FAGE 0%. Strawberry and Raisin/Apple/Cin are my favorites