How many calories should a person have in a day??

One month ago I opted to have a vertical sleeve gastrectomy, I am down 35 lbs. all together and am now starting to eat regular food. Is there a calorie count I should be aiming for? According to MFP, I should be eating 1200 calories a day..that seems like a lot since I can only eat small amounts at a time. Any suggestions???

Replies

• christianivanka
    christianivanka Posts: 52 Member
    it depends on how much u wana weigh and how much u excersise, the more u excersise the more u can eat. also when u get to your goal weigh for example if u want to weigh 120 and dont excersise you should eat 1200 calories and if u want to weigh 130, 1300 calories and so on but if u r going to excersise and burn for example 500 calories and u want to weigh 130, so is 1300plus 500 so u can eat 1800 to mantain good luck
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    It's largely dependent on your current weight, height, age, gender, and activity level. A skinny, short, old lady has a much lower BMR than a big, fat, young man.
  • This is a question you should talk to your doctor or nutristionist about. Being that you are only out a month, 1200 may be to much for you right now. If they want you to eat that much then they can tell you the best high calorie foods to be eatting that your new stomach can handle..

GL!