Staying within 1200 calorie suggestion but not losing

Options
myfitnesspal puts me at 1200 calories a day to lose weight. I stay within that most days and if I go over it is by less than 100 calories but I am not losing any weight. Some people have said I should actually up my calories because too few is not good for you either. Is anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• farfromperfectdottv
    farfromperfectdottv Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How often are you eating? How long have you been eating 1200 calories/day? What kinds of food are you eating to stay within your limit? When I first started living healthier, my doctor suggested an 800-1000 calorie diet, but I did 1200. I lost weight but I had to remember to eat very regularly (every 2-3 hours). If you're only eating 2 or 3 meals a day, your body is going to store what you eat for fear of starvation, which could be why you're not losing.

If you're eating regularly, eating right, and are physically active and still not losing weight, I would suggest going to a doctor. You may have medical issues that are keeping you from losing weight.
  • Tahoechic
    Tahoechic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This information is helpful. I will read it in depth tonight. Thank you
  • Tahoechic
    Tahoechic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack & dinner.
    Weekdays look like this.....
    Breakfast oatmeal
    Snack almonds
    Lunch usually tortilla with turkey, lettuce & cheese rolled up or lean cuisine
    Snack almonds or clementines
    Dinner varies - extremely busy household so sometimes as bad as crackers with PB&J or normal like chicken and broccoli
    Lots of water throughout the day too
    Once in a while I will have a cookie or dark chocolate

Weekends...
    English muffin with PB&J
    cheese & crackers
    clementines or apple
    some kind of meat

It doesn't make sense to me. I am trying to figure it out.

Thanks for your thoughts and help
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Best move I made was reading this topic and following the information there: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I upped my calories about a year ago, and have had the best success with weight & fat loss since then - no plateaus, no stalling out, no hunger, no anxiety about staying withing a ridiculously low amount of cals through birthdays, holidays, special events, or just life in general.

Good stuff. :smile: