South Beach Diet Followers?

Options
Hey all! I'm following the South Beach Diet pretty closely, along with the calorie recommendations of MFP. Is anyone else doing this? Would love some more friends that are walking a similar path! :happy:

Replies

• valpipkin
    valpipkin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me today! stocked my kitchen yesterday, so ready to do this!
  • shrinkinmegs
    shrinkinmegs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today is day one for me as well.
    I've been successful with South Beach in the past and I'm excited to start again today!
  • krocksww
    krocksww Posts: 3
    Options
    I am! I am on day 2 of phase 2. Started tracking calories on MFP because I was afraid I was eating too many calories! I would love to chat to compare experiences!
  • terrie7williams
    Options
    Today is day 16 for me. On phase 2 and down 14 pounds.
  • terrie7williams
    Options
    This is day 2 for me as well, Very scary adding those extra carbs! Sooo.. I decided to log intake as well. I need to do better. Was way under calorie suggestion for the day.
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am currently back at Phase 1. Have been doing South Beach since mid January and really enjoy the program. Was sick with flu for couple weeks and at nothing but toast and crackers and was starting to get some cravings....went back to Phase 1 on Monday. I have been using a website called Kalynskitchen.com for some great recipes.....really keeps things from getting boring!
  • arq391
    arq391 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting South Beach Diet on Friday. Could someone tell me if sugar free cook and serve pudding is ok during phase 1?

THANKS!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I'm starting South Beach Diet on Friday. Could someone tell me if sugar free cook and serve pudding is ok during phase 1?

THANKS!

That probably still has a lot of carbs in it. I would steer clear during phase one.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I did it in college for a while, and lost a quick 20 pounds., Unfortunately my love of Beer and bread cause me to fall off the wagon. Good luck to you all!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi:). I am on South Beach. I started on August 20, 2012. I never dreamed I could make it without my white refined carbs, especially sugary junk, but I have thrived. After the first four days or so, the sugar cravings were almost gone, which was somewhat of a miracle for me. I have found the diet surprisingly easy to follow (and it gets easier as time goes on). I plan to eat this way for the rest of my life, allowing treats occasionally, after i reach goal.. Sugar and white bread, etc will not be a regular part of my diet. Giving up the sugar and other white things seemed to be the key for me. I was having a difficult time losing weight once I hit my mid-40s, but wi SB, I have lost faster than I ever dreamed I would. I did.not want to turn 50 being fat! My birthday is in about 5 weeks, and I will be pretty close to my goal by then. Love SB! Bat of luck to you!
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm following the South Beach Diet pretty closely, along with the calorie recommendations of MFP. Is anyone else doing this? Would love some more friends that are walking a similar path! :happy:

I'm also doing South Beach Diet & using MFP. Aren't you a Wednesday Weigher?
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started phase 1 yesterday. I'm happy to see other people on here doing it! I'm having a hard time finding good recipes though :-(
  • dlcarroll13
    dlcarroll13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Yea I am! How is it going?
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Yea I am! How is it going?

It's going great! I love SBD & don't find it at all difficult to follow. I frequent both the SBD & MFP forums & I'm glad to have you as a friend. BTW.....I'm susiep0417 on the SBD forums.
  • jackandsam12
    jackandsam12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting SB tomorrow (on a Saturday, I know but why not!). I have done it in the past and was really successful. I have another stubborn 15 lbs to loose and want to start the diet in conjunction with MFP so hopefully it works out well for me!
  • IslandJade22
    Options
    I started phase 1 yesterday. I'm happy to see other people on here doing it! I'm having a hard time finding good recipes though :-(

I have found some good recipes at http://www.kalynskitchen.com/ and also at http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

I find that the easiest way to plan my daily meals is to do what is fairly quick and easy. I am just finishing my first week on SB. The first 4 days, I had a constant headache (I'm assuming it was from carb withdrawal), but that has passed now thankfully. I am certain that I can maintain this new lifestyle of eating, and I don't really feel restricted at all. Good luck with your recipes!
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Go to Kalynskitchen.com They have some great recipes that are quick and easy and most importantly, keep you from getting bored...good luck!
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I am on Day 3 of Phase 1. I have lost 4.4 lbs in the first 2 days. All water, but I have to take a diuretic so I will release water and I noticed yesterday I was going tinkle a lot more often on my own. I was excited! I would love to help support each other. My mom had 40 to lose and couldn't get that weight off with any diet she tried until Southbeach. Each day is becoming easier. The first day was the hardest. Tell me where you are on the diet, and how it is working for you. - Cyndi
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are wanting to start it on April 1st, he only wants to lose lie 20-30 lbs, but he is doing it to be supportive of me, I have PCOS and was told this is the best diet or eating life style to help maintain my symptoms for life, low carb, and low gi eating. so anyone know any any good websites that after phase 1 so you do not get bored.