Anyone have a nutrition "station"?

Options
I thought it would be smart to put everything I want to eat in one place, so that I am not tempted by the girlfriend's foods. (she can eat anything and stay 110 lbs)

Anyone else do this? I have done this in my fridge too, putting all the foods I can eat in a bucket on the same shelf as all my silk drinks.

20130301_165352_zpsb4b6dbad.jpg

My favourite thing in this photo is the toaster that poaches eggs.

Replies

• eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yes. Looks like that but like 10X more supplements lol. And I have a "carb closet" basically it's the pantry where all the dried carbohydrate foods go.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have a shelf above my computer with all my "healthy" snacks on it. Not sure why, it's not like anyone here would want to even touch them :laugh:
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Except for the bananas, there's nothing in your cupboard that I eat. But I love the toaster that poaches eggs. That's just crazy! Of course, I don't eat bread anymore, so... but still, a toaster that poaches eggs? Brilliant.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do.. sort of! =) I just keep my stuff all together in the fridge, freezer, and pantry. I usually have fruits and veggies.. I prepare them and put them in baggies and put them in a little basket in the fridge =)
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Haha, I was about to comment about the toaster and saw that you'd already pointed out its radness.

I don't so much separate my food, but I do tend to keep all my smoothie stuff in one place.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I want your toaster!
    Ya I do something similar, I put all my stuff away from my roommates so then I'm not tempted to munch on their sweets.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    That toaster is friggin cool! Do you put some liquid in it?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I am a dictator, and this is what my whole kitchen looks like. I get called "world's tiniest tyrant" on a semi-regular basis.

re-organize my pantry under penalty of death. lol
  • CaroleC2B
    CaroleC2B Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great Organization! Planning ahead is really smart!
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That toaster is friggin cool! Do you put some liquid in it?

Yes, just a small amount of water, the little pan doesn't need any cooking spray or anything yet so it's just pure poached eggs. I have had it since Christmas, I am sure with some more use I might have to.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    My husband and I have different shelves in the pantry.....works like a charm. I don't have to look at his junk food and he doesn't have to look at my healthier options.
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    Yup!
    1qpisz.jpg
    Options
    Yup!
    1qpisz.jpg
    [/quote

I love your pantry......have you ever tried Justin's Almond Butter?....so much better than Maranatha IMHO.
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    I love your pantry......have you ever tried Justin's Almond Butter?....so much better than Maranatha IMHO.

Thanks! It's a little more loaded now with protein powders and some post-workout bars. I saw Justin's in the store today and wondered. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try! :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I call it a "kitchen." If he brings junk into the house, he has to figure out what to do with it. There are plenty of cupboards I can't reach, so for all I know, he has chips up there. Luckily, he doesn't like any of my trigger foods and I don't particularly like the junk food he does bring home.
    Options

Thanks! It's a little more loaded now with protein powders and some post-workout bars. I saw Justin's in the store today and wondered. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try! :)

You're welcome. I love it with apples or just by itself.
  • chrisjathompson
    Options
    The scale on one of the shelves I just bought an hour ago. I just poured myself a severing of cereal ( 3/4 cup according to the box ). This is not what I ever thought a serving was. I usually eat 4x's this in the first bowl. So, the scale might have just moved up to #1.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    my medicine cabinet
    my fridge
    the bottom of my shoe
    :laugh:
  • chrisjathompson
    Options
    This site is awesome. I can't believe how many people responded so quickly!

It would be cool to see some more "stations"
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I am the only one that can't eat gluten in my house so I have a GF shelf in the pantry. Most of the normal staples I can eat, but if theres little snacks I get myself they go on my shelf and I buy things like bread and pasta for myself which no one else eats.

I have a shelf in one of our fridges for all of my water bottles. I also have a drawer in one of the freezers with frozen bread in it, soups, GF snacks I've made in bulk, cooked chicken breast etc.

Apart from that I dont have a specific station. Im the one who cooks and spends most the time in the kitchen so that's just the way I have organised it. Everything has a place, helps when it's time to do up a shopping list and I can see at a glace what needs replacing.